LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Smudge wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:21 am I am surprised that Spencer is going and especially Joe Batley. The games he player were impressive and 6!6" as a youngster and 19 stone is ripe to be moulded into a really good lock. I hope Bristol give him a good crack of the whip.
He's out of contract with them at the end of the season and is likely to be released.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I do wonder if the announcements about Batley for example are administration. He’s returning from his loan, and is still under contract to Bristol (until this summer). Nothing to say we aren’t talking to him about coming back.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:09 am I do wonder if the announcements about Batley for example are administration. He’s returning from his loan, and is still under contract to Bristol (until this summer). Nothing to say we aren’t talking to him about coming back.
I think that's a very good point, especially as we know some more announcements are imminent.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Popcorn Tuesday? No hints on Twitter as yet
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:47 pm Disagree about Fearns,hes a beast of an 8. I'd only be worried that Eddie would start looking at him again!
I couldn’t see him do that unless we’re in an injury crisis, if Fearns did go to a Premiership club.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:44 am Popcorn Tuesday? No hints on Twitter as yet
It’s been a while since we have hints as such, unless you’re going to take the tweet of Logo missing that conversion versus Sale as a hint.

https://twitter.com/leicestertigers/sta ... 81345?s=21 Posted an hour ago.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Jimmy Stevens has retired from rugby, just announced by the club.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Stevens acquitted himself very well on his return ; was good backup , did not let us down - a pity.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:47 pm Disagree about Fearns,hes a beast of an 8. I'd only be worried that Eddie would start looking at him again!
Apparently, according to reports some time ago Eddie J considered Fearns nowhere close to being fit enough for International Rugby.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Sorry for him and I wish him all the best in the future - makes a bit of sense that we had 5 hookers in RB post cos they wanted to allow him to make his own announcement
Hehehehehehehehe
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

There has been some rather intelligent use of press releases from the club recently in comparison to previous seasons.

Good to see they have announced a retirement separately to those leaving.

Unfortunately another player to have to retire because of concussion, having recently reread Johnos biog the manner it was treated with back when he was playing is very striking.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 am There has been some rather intelligent use of press releases from the club recently in comparison to previous seasons.

Unfortunately another player to have to retire because of concussion, having recently reread Johnos biog the manner it was treated with back when he was playing is very striking.
Back in the day it wasn’t really a thing, if you could get up and play then that’s fine. I played at a junior level and can remember on a number occasions seeing white spots before my eyes. Cold wet sponge on my neck and off to the next scrum.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Longshanks wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:52 am
FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:09 am I do wonder if the announcements about Batley for example are administration. He’s returning from his loan, and is still under contract to Bristol (until this summer). Nothing to say we aren’t talking to him about coming back.
I think that's a very good point, especially as we know some more announcements are imminent.
Peter Tom has said several of our released players are looking for clubs. This will be the same all over and I bet few deals have been done since mid-March as clubs don’t know how much cash they’ll have left.

I suspect we’ll see a flurry of activity just before - or even after - the game resumes.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 am There has been some rather intelligent use of press releases from the club recently in comparison to previous seasons.

My gut feeling with Stevens is that we knew this was the likely outcome. He seems to have settled back in Cornwall and I think Charlie Clare was recruited effectively in anticipation of him possibly having to quit.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Popcorn Wednesday?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer