Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Where's Geordie?

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Ilsontiger1725 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 pm
chewbacca wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 pm We have changed coaches, we have changed players. There is however one constant during our 6-7 year decline, the chairman and chief exec. Sometimes a correlation does reveal the cause.
There is absolutely no point in calling for the sacking of Geordie because his replacement will be chosen the same old team who appointed Cockerill/Mauger, Mauger, O'Connor and Geordie himself - ie Peter Tom and the cabal he surrounds himself with.

That's the same Peter Tom who was here when we won 4 Premierships in a row, 2 European Cups, various trophies under Pat Howard and Richard Cockerill (who appointed them I wonder?) who was in charge when Bob Dwyer was sacked for bullying players, who was in charge when the likes of Deano and Loffreda were sacked for poor performance. Sometimes "correlations" are not as simple as they are made out to be.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:06 am
Ilsontiger1725 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 pm
chewbacca wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 pm We have changed coaches, we have changed players. There is however one constant during our 6-7 year decline, the chairman and chief exec. Sometimes a correlation does reveal the cause.
There is absolutely no point in calling for the sacking of Geordie because his replacement will be chosen the same old team who appointed Cockerill/Mauger, Mauger, O'Connor and Geordie himself - ie Peter Tom and the cabal he surrounds himself with.

That's the same Peter Tom who was here when we won 4 Premierships in a row, 2 European Cups, various trophies under Pat Howard and Richard Cockerill (who appointed them I wonder?) who was in charge when Bob Dwyer was sacked for bullying players, who was in charge when the likes of Deano and Loffreda were sacked for poor performance. Sometimes "correlations" are not as simple as they are made out to be.
The world changes and, as Tigers are conclusively proving, success 15 years ago doesn't guarantee success today.

If I wanted a successful rugby club 15 years ago I'd give Peter a call. If I wanted one today I wouldn't.

It's not a personal criticism just an objective assessment of the evidence in front of us. People like Peter Tom are risking what should be remarkable legacies by clinging on when they're demonstrably no longer able to succeed.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Indeed regrettably like players, executives do not manage to perform at the same level forever or manage to adapt to a changing environment. It's just life.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Realistically a CEO, person in charge should spend no more than 8-10 years at the top because you can only be successful for so long it’s just an inevitability that you run out of compelling ideas or people just play catch-up. Of course Sir Alex was able to dominate football for nearly 2 decades but that is an anomaly and was only successful because he regularly changed his coaching staff akin to his ideals. I’m just praying for King Power to save the day!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Think you are all beating your head against a brick wall. PT will go when he wants to.
Until then, a bit like Mike Ashley..