Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester 23

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:44 pm
cheltexile wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm Toomua's no-look pass for the try was sublime, even more so on second viewing. Where has that been all season?
Was good wasn't it!
If Cips had done that then they would lay out the red carpet!
Lovely bit of skill from Toomua. Was nice to see the commentators give Ford some credit as well. If Cips had been controlling his team behind a beaten pack every week like Ford has he'd have been lauded as some sort of hero.

Nice to see Ford and Toomua show some sparks of creation between them today. Been slow going the understanding between them but it showed signs of clicking today.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:42 pm Where does the blame lay for getting counter rucked on 4+ occasions? Is it purely the forwards for not committing in numbers, and holding strong, or the 9 for failing to communicate to those around him?
According to suicidal Steve on Radio Leicester it was us choosing not to send sufficient numbers into the ruck and I agree with him, especially when he went on to say that we need to fix it.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:58 pm
cheltexile wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm Toomua's no-look pass for the try was sublime, even more so on second viewing. Where has that been all season?
Was good wasn't it!
Lovely bit of skill from Toomua. Was nice to see the commentators give Ford some credit as well. If Cips had been controlling his team behind a beaten pack every week like Ford has he'd have been lauded as some sort of hero.

Nice to see Ford and Toomua show some sparks of creation between them today. Been slow going the understanding between them but it showed signs of clicking today.
They are fine when they get quickly onto the front foot and attack the line with pace, even behind a well matched pack it's possible to use pace and attack the line, direct pace creates doubt in defenders.
The problem has been that they are concerned with being dominated in contact and turned over and stood too far off the line and too often inviting pressure, and too much ball has gone through Ford IMO, even when it shouldn't.
They have skills and they have pace, the confidence has been missing in the decision process but slowly looks to be returning.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great win with Ford pure class ( except for the intercept); Cole immense and Holmes, again, has made sure we will be without him during the 6 Nations. This will be a worrying time so personally, next week,I’d play the backs that will, injuries permitting, play in this tricky period. Sensibly it will then mean Ford, May, Youngs, Manu will have been rested so available for the huge matches after the 6 Nations.
Glad we all made lots of noise and Barnes reffed sensibly. Well done.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I always seem to miss the matches we win.
Delighted with the win :smt026 :smt026
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Spicer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:23 pm I always seem to miss the matches we win.
I think I speak for everyone when I say you’re banned for the rest of the season as you’re obviously a jinx :smt003
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:30 pm
Spicer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:23 pm I always seem to miss the matches we win.
I think I speak for everyone when I say you’re banned for the rest of the season as you’re obviously a jinx :smt003
Well said Mr Skitz!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Was good wasn't it!
Talking of Cips, Was he playing - NO - but listening to the punditry one would have thought so. Couldn't believe how many accolades and statements were made during a game he didn't actually play in.He was mentioned more times than Cole of Ford who had outstanding games. :smt013 :smt013
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 am
Was good wasn't it!
Talking of Cips, Was he playing - NO - but listening to the punditry one would have thought so. Couldn't believe how many accolades and statements were made during a game he didn't actually play in.He was mentioned more times than Cole of Ford who had outstanding games. :smt013 :smt013
Are the commentators actually there in person, I thought that they just had Cips agent in a studio pressing buttons for pre-recorded statements!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

A vastly improved performance, and the defence looked quite good, but there is still some work to be done on it.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 am
Was good wasn't it!
I watched it this morning and to be honest, I don't think they over-did it. He was mentioned a few times but only in the context of Owen Williams having a poor game. OW wasn't communicating with his forwards and their backline wasn't functioning at all. The commentators were simply pointing out that Cips is a good communicator and that Glaws were really missing him, which is surely a fair point?
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:04 am
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:30 pm
Well said Mr Skitz!
For the good of the club I'll keep myself very busy on weekends
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:23 pm More concerned with who will play 13 when the AIs kick in. M Smith would have done a solid if not spectacular job, but with him out I’d worry that the only other option is G Owen. And to be honest, whilst he looks ok ball in hand, defensively he is absolutely pish
AIs? You're worried about 2020 already :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'd say he means 6N
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:30 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm Depending how Sarto goes Olowofela at to 13 and him on the wing?
Worth, Owen, Eastmond and Sam Apsland Robinson can all play 13 too
Olowofela 13! He'd be too busy running away or getting carded for tackling without use of arms. Defensively he's a liability. He got away with two blatant no arms tackles on Saturday.