Tigers vs Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers vs Saracens

Post by DingDong »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pmAs for the forward pass argument, that has been resolved into the camp that says 'did it end up nearer the tryline than the passer'
A great solution for the short passes, but what about those Hail Mary passes 10/12's love to put to the wingers? those floating 20-30m passes that give the passer time to back off leaving the ball to over run them?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'm not even sure how relevant the deliberate knock on debate is to Sunday's match anyway, too many if's and but's, it was right in front of me and I wasn't even sure it was a knock on as it didn't look forward to me, and having seen the Sarries players run I'd put money on them catching O'Connor even from a standing start.
I've never agreed with the deliberate knock on, if teams are willing to play the ball so close to defenders and not execute correctly then they run the risk, it's all about timing which is a skill, a well timed run and pass is beautiful thing.
We are watering down skills in giving too much leeway in my opinion.
I'd be more interested in the Goode offside and intercept infringement on the other side of the pitch whilst a penalty advantage was being played, that to me was more of a genuine case for a penalty try.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

even if they could catch O'Connor he had a simple tip on pass to Ben White and no way Lozowski (the only one close enough) was catching him assuming he could have caught O'Connor on his angle
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:45 pm even if they could catch O'Connor he had a simple tip on pass to Ben White and no way Lozowski (the only one close enough) was catching him assuming he could have caught O'Connor on his angle
As said if's and but's, the other one with Goode was the real choker.
Lozowski can shift, he is lightening quick off the mark, probably the biggest noticeable difference between our backs and theirs on Sunday.
On the evidence of the previous play I can understand the refs thinking with the knock on incident.
Anyway we scored twice from them, the only issue is it might've left more time to chase the win at the end, but then Sarries finished with possession so it could've also lost a losing bonus point.
Crumbie Deeks

Post by Crumbie Deeks »

I understand, from a referee friend of mine, that the guidance around awarding a penalty try states that if the offence takes place more than 20 meters out a penalty try should not normally be awarded. I think it might be significant that the T.M.O made a point of telling the ref that the offence took place 26 meters out. I personally think it would have been scored but the 20 meter guidance seems to have been applied.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Oh dear, whatever happened to Fortress Welford Road? Struggling in the Prem, tough HC games coming up, out of all 3 competitions again by Christmas? Welcome to Groundhog day, Tigers cut. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

When have Tigers ever been out of the prem by Christmas?
5 points from 4th.

:smt015
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:26 pm When have Tigers ever been out of the prem by Christmas?
5 points from 4th.

:smt015
Exactly. We missed out the top 4 after losing in round 21 last season.

Talk about people over exaggerating!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Our reserve backs are chronically far too slow.
Sarries second string were 30% quicker.
The only one worth perservering with was/ is Eastmond.
The others, past their sell by ---------or never going to reach it....
Heaven help us up till Christmas because if we lose , its relegation time very quickly....
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

We only have two Premiership games before Christmas Bristol and Quine. No need to worry just yet
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

fortysix wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:08 pm Our reserve backs are chronically far too slow.
Heaven help us up till Christmas because if we lose , its relegation time very quickly....
C'mon 46, cheer up, you're a real doom and gloom merchant!
Do you go the matches at Welford Road and support the players?
In my opinion, the top four may just be out of reach , but a place in the top six and top flight European rugby next season is a realistic goal.
We play Bristol, Quins and Bath before the end of the year and with first choice players available for selection, three wins are certainly possible.
Talking of relegation is totally unjustified!
Semper in excretia
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

fortysix wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:08 pm Our reserve backs are chronically far too slow.
In my last post, I mentioned people on here completely over exaggerating. This is the perfect example!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 am
In my last post, I mentioned people on here completely over exaggerating. This is the perfect example!
There is nothing over exaggerated in that post!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

fortysix wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:08 pm The only one worth perservering with was/ is Eastmond.
The only "Worth" was the one that came on as a late substitute for Olowofela, played well at full back and got concussed for his efforts. He is "a Worthwhile" player.
Yes Eastmond did play well and all credit to Smithy for his defence and sprint.
The forwards did very well and have improved in the lineouts & scrums.
The Tigers team needs support with our internationals back and not doom & gloom. :smt023
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

BFG wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:48 am
ellis9 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 am
There is nothing over exaggerated in that post!
Rubbish pal. So you actually agree that Sarries were 30% quicker ? A perfect example of over exaggeration if ever I’ve seen one.