ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Internationals

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:52 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:45 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:24 pm

It's a bit of banter. Why can't people have a laugh anymore and have to find everything and anything offensive?!

I hate this politically correct world.

Are you Australian by any chance?
no I’m English, I just didn’t think it was funny, nothing to do with political correctness at all.
Ah well - you can't please everyone.

That's certainly true on here! There's some people on here that are never happy with anything!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Another foul and dangerous tackle from Farrell, which has basically got away with. Its a shoulder charge to the body, its designed to move the whole of the skeleton in the body, causing whiplash equivalent. This time he didnt feign injury like he tried to do so a couple of weeks ago. :smt018
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

As much as I want Daly at fullback to work, it clearly isn’t after having 4 games to bed in. Brown and Watson to cover fullback for the World Cup. Move Daly to 13, much better than Slade.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BTW Ellis politically correct is Daily Mail speak for showing respect, and NOTHING to do with the mild banter. All of you should be ashamed for the thread interruption.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:52 pm Another foul and dangerous tackle from Farrell, which has basically got away with. Its a shoulder charge to the body, its designed to move the whole of the skeleton in the body, causing whiplash equivalent. This time he didnt feign injury like he tried to do so a couple of weeks ago. :smt018
I think it was the only way that was he was going to stop that player scoring, a legal tackle and that player reaches to score.
He did it and he got away with it.
It's a very different second half at 13-20 down in my opinion.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I don't think Cheika was impressed either with the ref or with the tactics of his own 10...

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -ludicrous
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Foul yes, dangerous no. IMHO of course. Referee said both players dropped the shoulder and I believe the pen was for offside?

As for Cheika. What is the difference between him and the aircraft that brought him here? The aircraft stopped whining when it docked at the gate at Heathrow.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:30 pm Foul yes, dangerous no. IMHO of course. Referee said both players dropped the shoulder and I believe the pen was for offside?

As for Cheika. What is the difference between him and the aircraft that brought him here? The aircraft stopped whining when it docked at the gate at Heathrow.
Thing is...if it was a foul that stopped a certain try (which it would have been) then it's a penalty try and 7 points.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:54 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:30 pm Foul yes, dangerous no. IMHO of course. Referee said both players dropped the shoulder and I believe the pen was for offside?

Thing is...if it was a foul that stopped a certain try (which it would have been) then it's a penalty try and 7 points.
Quite right Big Dai!!

England won by 19 points for Pete's sake. England were robbed v NZ but Jones didn't winge, saying you have to take the rough with the smooth.....and that was a match defining decision!

This was before half time, get over it Cheika and start coaching your team better, you've had a disastrous 2018 so stop blaming everyone else!!!!

As for Farrell, what a great tackle to save a certain try, not dangerous but possibly illegal, and he got away with it, what's not to like as an England supporter? They are not playing tiddly winks!!!! I can only assume that LE18 is not an England fan or in the ellis camp of Farrell hater.

Great win for England today, and Manu looked really sharp when he came on. After just 15 mins can't he come back to play at W Rd tomorrow?!!

Wilson man of the series IMO, but Sinckler and Farrell not far behind.

Also a good win for Wales (he says through gritted teeth). The gap between north and south hemispheres has never been smaller.

Bring on the 6Ns!!
Soggypitch
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I think you're both spot on.
Farrell stopped them scoring a try and England won the game.
He's taken a few risks recently but it's paid off as without them you'd have to think that England might be in a really awkward looking position regarding results.
He will likely get stick and doubted for most of it but in my opinion Farrell has really stepped up for England this Autumn!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -back.html

I have to agree, England will not win the 6Ns or the Wold Cup with Daly at FB. Bring back Brown for Dublin, unless Watson gets fit very quickly.

.........I know they probably won't win the 6Ns or WC whatever, but with Daly at 15 no chance.
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'm waiting for JP14 to tell us if this is funny or not. :smt023
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Can't argue against that.....just not dangerous?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ellis9 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm waiting for JP14 to tell us if this is funny or not. :smt023
It was a funny truism! (is there such a word?)
Soggypitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Quite right Big Dai!!

England won by 19 points for Pete's sake. England were robbed v NZ but Jones didn't winge, saying you have to take the rough with the smooth.....and that was a match defining decision!

This was before half time, get over it Cheika and start coaching your team better, you've had a disastrous 2018 so stop blaming everyone else!!!!

As for Farrell, what a great tackle to save a certain try, not dangerous but possibly illegal, and he got away with it, what's not to like as an England supporter? They are not playing tiddly winks!!!! I can only assume that LE18 is not an England fan or in the ellis camp of Farrell hater.

Great win for England today, and Manu looked really sharp when he came on. After just 15 mins can't he come back to play at W Rd tomorrow?!!

Wilson man of the series IMO, but Sinckler and Farrell not far behind.

Also a good win for Wales (he says through gritted teeth). The gap between north and south hemispheres has never been smaller.

Bring on the 6Ns!!
I can assure you Soggy, I am very much an England fan, I have been for the last 76 yrs, but I believe in fair play. I am a converted Farrell fan, but I think this is probably his worst element, probably from his rugby league days? Its not the first, or probably the last, time he has body checked someone, I think its a fairly regular habit, but he gets away with it. You will reply so its not illegal no doubt?

Now if that tackle had been a pen try, and he had received a card for it, would the result have been so?

I want England to win, and Tigers, my wife and I will be there tomorrow, don't tell me I'm not an England fan, play hard but fair!