Ulster v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:55 pm Much as I admire Jp14 sentiment about sticking with Mapapalanga this is our best chance of getting away points in Europe therefore I wouldn’t risk him.
Depending on the availability of another 2nd row to join Wells, who was immense on Saturday I would even consider moving Williams back to 6.
Totally agree about Veianu and Toomua
I think the reason I chose Mapapalangi was tactical but thinking about it, it might be better to start O’Connor if he’s fit then have Mapapalangi on the bench. Sorry :smt023.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Unfortunately I believe we don’t have the locks available at the moment to move Williams to 6, having a backrow of O’Connor and Thompson would be hugely advantageous.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:51 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:33 pm It will be a tough ask, but with their poor form, we have a chance.

If Telusa is fit I'd play him on the wing in place of May and keep Jonah at FB, he was a revelation!

BOC could come into the back row, or on the bench, let's hope Denton's going to be ok. Mappalagi was all over the place defensively.

Is Spencer available? Did anyone else notice that Harry Wells got into the Telegraph's team of the week? Well deserved.
I think Eastmond would have been close, but for an exceptional performance by Mills for Wuss.

Probably not too many other changes if everyone is fit.

Looking forward to it, I like a 5.30 Saturday KO.
Denton won't be fit
Do you know this for certain Chobbsy or are saying it because he failed the HIA on Saturday, as the protocols have changed recently
The official in the tunnel who documents subs etc had Denton down as failing HIA due to being concussed, whether he actually got that from the Doc I am not sure, but that is what he told me when I asked if how the HIA was going
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ulster’s Matty Rea will be unavailable following his red card last week, I think that Jean Deysel and Jordi Murphy are also out with injury, in the props I believe that that Rodney Ah You and Marty Moore are unavailable.

Once again I think we should really target their scrum and with both O’Connor and Thompson we could rip their breakdown to shreds.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Probably going to be swirling winds and rain. Critical to do the basics well. Make first up tackles, catch high balls and get people behind the player catching the ball to support. Clear your own line quickly and efficiently when given a chance. Play rugby in the opposition half. Maintain intensity till the final whistle is blown.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

drc_007 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:05 am Probably going to be swirling winds and rain. Critical to do the basics well. Make first up tackles, catch high balls and get people behind the player catching the ball to support. Clear your own line quickly and efficiently when given a chance. Play rugby in the opposition half. Maintain intensity till the final whistle is blown.
A lot like Twickenham on Saturday then
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

The official in the tunnel who documents subs etc had Denton down as failing HIA due to being concussed, whether he actually got that from the Doc I am not sure, but that is what he told me when I asked if how the HIA was going
Since the protocols have changed for top level sides with the right expertise (who can in the right circumstances bring players back without an automatic week off), then he may be fit to play. (Do I need to define the word ‘may’ to avoid three pages of posts on semantics and and definitions?)
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Grimlish wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:21 am
Since the protocols have changed for top level sides with the right expertise (who can in the right circumstances bring players back without an automatic week off), then he may be fit to play. (Do I need to define the word ‘may’ to avoid three pages of posts on semantics and and definitions?)
No I understand the word may (even when not in the context of a winger) :)
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 am
drc_007 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:05 am Probably going to be swirling winds and rain. Critical to do the basics well. Make first up tackles, catch high balls and get people behind the player catching the ball to support. Clear your own line quickly and efficiently when given a chance. Play rugby in the opposition half. Maintain intensity till the final whistle is blown.
A lot like Twickenham on Saturday then
Ulster on a Friday night in October like Twickenham last Saturday? Generally worse by a factor of 2 or 3.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Good job it's on Saturday then... :smt002
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

loretta wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 am Good job it's on Saturday then... :smt002
Good point - a day later in autumn could make it even worse!
:smt002
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

TomWeston wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:56 am
loretta wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 am Good job it's on Saturday then... :smt002
What time is the kick off?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 am
5.30pm

https://www.leicestertigers.com/fixtures/senior
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 am
Chobbsy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 am

5.30pm

https://www.leicestertigers.com/fixtures/senior
Thank you
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BBC weather forecast for 5pm Saturday is 14 degrees, 11 mile an hour winds and 63 % chance of rain.

Positively barmy for Belfast in mid October