Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saints v Tigers

Post by Coops »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:04 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm Interesting to see Holmes at FB . Hope he does well.

Disappointed still no BOC, we really miss him.

As Ourla says, it's a weak bench but not much choice with the injuries and Toomua/TPN missing.

I have no idea how we will play tomorrow, could be an easy win, bad loss or a very close tussle. Just impossible to tell given our current form and the same can be said for Saints. Just hope we really turn up and fight for everything!!
No BOC nor Telusa :(
I fear a pasting is on the cards. Saints probably more up for this than we are.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Coops wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:35 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm Interesting to see Holmes at FB . Hope he does well.

As Ourla says, it's a weak bench but not much choice with the injuries and Toomua/TPN missing.

I have no idea how we will play tomorrow, could be an easy win, bad loss or a very close tussle. Just impossible to tell given our current form and the same can be said for Saints. Just hope we really turn up and fight for everything!!
I really hope not, after 21 years running the gates, tomorrow is my first day as the tunnel manager at Twickenham so I really don't want the tunnel and changing room full of gloating Saints players and staff :(
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Coops wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:35 pm

Win or lose, any Tigers player who's not "up for this" should be summarily slung out on Monday!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Yep. Maybe with one eye on their left winger! It'll be interesting to see how he goes at 15.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 pm
Yep. Maybe with one eye on their left winger! It'll be interesting to see how he goes at 15.
Holmes is a quality player and here’s hoping he can do himself justice in that position. Deserves more game time especially over Olowofela.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:48 pm
Holmes is a quality player and here’s hoping he can do himself justice in that position. Deserves more game time especially over Olowofela.
I may have thought they would have put Jonah on the wing and May to FB were he played many times for Gloucester, but I am just glad to see Jonah play
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:48 pm

I may have thought they would have put Jonah on the wing and May to FB were he played many times for Gloucester, but I am just glad to see Jonah play
I’m worried if he doesn’t get more game time he may look elsewhere. Thompstone has been playing well though and looks to be back to his best. Olowofela to me also looks more of a winger who can cover 13 than a fullback. He lacks good positional awareness at the back.

Feel as if we are missing a quality out and out fullback which would let Veainu transition back to the 14 spot.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s up in the air quite frankly.

In the Derbies form counts for nothing , on both occasions last season Saints were going into to the Derby on worst form that what we were on and look what happened. In terms of the benches, I believed it’s quite balanced, van Wyk is not usually 2nd choice, Dingwall might make his competitive debut etc. Ratuniyarawa is a good substitute to have however.

Obviously Polota-nau, O’Connor and Vieanu not quite ready yet, good to see Harrison back.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Not optimistic about this one. LBP and a good game not ruined by sir or sir's mates will do me.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

It tends to be that no BOC = no win.

Our most important player in my opinion.

Looking at the two XVs and it's a case of how the mighty have fallen. Two bang average line ups there.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

If we'd taken 10 points from the last 2 home games against the successive bottom teams, I'd be confident of at least 4 points tomorrow.

If if if..............
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Don’t get the negativity. Two equally matched sides at a neutral venue.
If they can’t be up for this one the week before Europe it’s the Psycologists that need a rocket
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Don't want to be negative. But last Sunday we crept past a side, bottom of the premiership, playing away from home, with lots of injuries, 3rd choice half backs, missing points from conversions and penalties. Yet they still scored three tries. We don't have a lineout and or a defence that a decent school 1st XV would be satisfied proud of.

It's pints all round on me if we do win......
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 pm Don’t get the negativity. Two equally matched sides at a neutral venue.
If they can’t be up for this one the week before Europe it’s the Psycologists that need a rocket
I'm not negative.

It's simply that sitting in the Crumbie :smt009 for the last two home games made me very sad :smt022
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:57 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 pm Don’t get the negativity. Two equally matched sides at a neutral venue.
I'm not negative.

It's simply that sitting in the Crumbie :smt009 for the last two home games made me very sad :smt022
At least you saw a win. I don't expect one and an LBP would be fine.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.