New signings

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Baz

New signings

Post by Baz »

How many forwards have we signed from, and including Gengy? 9? 10? I'm all for a strong scrum, but with Manu and Gareth Owen injured, we have no powerful ball-carrying centres. Hope the management is looking at this area. Ben Teo for instance?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: New signings

Post by Tiglon »

Personally I find it ludicrous that the club did not sign Teo immediately after Manu went off injured at the weekend. I can't think of ANY possible reason why that might not be easy to do...

I also expect Bastareaud to be brought in within days as backup for Teo in case he gets injured.

Seriously though, I agree we could do with a little more depth at centre, especially with Toomua now looking like backup at 10 for Ford.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Baz wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 pm How many forwards have we signed from, and including Gengy? 9? 10? I'm all for a strong scrum, but with Manu and Gareth Owen injured, we have no powerful ball-carrying centres. Hope the management is looking at this area. Ben Teo for instance?
Te'o has managed 20 games in two seasons and is now 31. He is alleged to be the biggest earner at Worcester so wouldn't be cheap. Don't see the point in us looking at signing him.

Now young Stephenson who is being released by the Sinners or Johnny Williams at LI. They would be talented young centres with a future, if we could keep them injury free.
Baz

Post by Baz »

Like sam16111986 's suggestions. Take your point about Teo; for same reasons, his England career is unlikely to be long, nor his earning power, but he would fill a gap nicely!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Baz wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:04 pm Take your point about Teo; for same reasons, his England career is unlikely to be long, nor his earning power, but he would fill a gap nicely!
We don't need the spare physio table filling! :smt002
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think we should sign Burrell, younger than Te’o, won’t be with England all the time. But then again he does have his injury issues.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

JP14 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:56 am I think we should sign Burrell, younger than Te’o, won’t be with England all the time. But then again he does have his injury issues.
But he does have lack of defence issues.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Teo - complete waste of money , Burrell just about the same .
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

MikeR wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 am Teo - complete waste of money , Burrell just about the same .
+1 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Hehehehehehehehe
usurp4
Tiger Cub

Post by usurp4 »

Bring Will Hurrell back from Bristol? Currently on loan at Bath having been out of favour this season, but he was actually up there with Jason Woodward as their best player in the prem last season. I love his power.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Hurrell would be a great signing. Ex-Tiger, can cover 12 and 13. Also I think the season Bristol were in the prem he topped the charts for turnovers so is a force at the breakdown.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

He signed a new deal with Bristol this season so unlikely he will be off.