Fans forum 13th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans forum 13th Feb

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm CEO Simon Cohen is asked about the funding of playing group and how it works in funding the construction of a hotel and car-park.

"The main misconception is that we're spending money on this that could be spent on the playing side."
"The deal we have done is find a developer who will pay for the land and building of the hotel. The club will get third of the land back at no cost and the hotel, which we won't own, will help matchday and non-matchday business."
"We think we have done a pretty good deal which costs the club absolutely nothing and is better for the future club ... and we retain a right to purchase it at any time we can afford it."
"Whatever happened, we were going to lose the car parking. So we had to look at building a multi-story car park."
Sounds good to me. I wonder if those people saying the money Tigers "are spending" on this instead of players will be having an absolutely huge piece of humble pie tonight!

Then again, I guess they will still have some excuse.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Ged Glynn answers questions regarding the structure of the A League season and game time for Development Squad members.

"We negotiated a relationship with Loughborough University to better manage the game time of our squad players."
Premiership Rugby then decided to double the amount of A League season fixtures ... which doubles the output from our playing group in game time.
‏ "Previously we have loaned players out and the problem with that is external clubs have their own plans to play these players on their terms. Therefore to manage that, we had Brett Deacon appointed head coach at Loughborough."
"We have gone from being in a situation where we did not have enough development playing time, to too much development time."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Tigers have always said that their commercial activities don’t affect the players budget and have always stated they spend up to the cap. No reason not to believe them.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

The panel is asked about some of the fixtures the club has had this season and ever-changing ones in the calendar.

"The club makes very, very strong representations at the Premiership Rugby Board level," CEO Simon Cohen.
"It is appalling some of the fixtures we get and have no say on these, which indeed nobody does."
"Myself and Chairman Peter Tom have been very vocal on how the fixture changes don't work for our supporters."
"I will say that the notice in advance we now receive is much longer than it previous was."
"I know it is not what people want to hear but is the truth of the situation."
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm The panel is asked about some of the fixtures the club has had this season and ever-changing ones in the calendar.

"The club makes very, very strong representations at the Premiership Rugby Board level," CEO Simon Cohen.
"It is appalling some of the fixtures we get and have no say on these, which indeed nobody does."
"Myself and Chairman Peter Tom have been very vocal on how the fixture changes don't work for our supporters."
"I will say that the notice in advance we now receive is much longer than it previous was."
"I know it is not what people want to hear but is the truth of the situation."
What a waste of a question! This situation won't change! Why don't people understand this?'
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Anyone asking about the whole recruitment agency fiasco
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:03 pm Anyone asking about the whole recruitment agency fiasco
Yeah, they've been using Pertemps.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Can someone ask how many signings have been made this season? Anymore than the 3 announced? That will be good
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Also can someone ask why Cohen hasn’t stepped down yet?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 pm Attendees: Glynn, Cohen, O’Connor, Rose, Underwood, Deacon, Murphy, T Youngs, Toomua and Murphy & Stanko (Toomua and Youngs asked to attend)
Interesting that Matt Toomua asked to attend. A sign of commitment? Next season's captain?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

News from the forum: confirmed that we’ve signed Denton
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm News from the forum: confirmed that we’ve signed Denton

And Bakewell from tomorrow.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 pm Tigers have always said that their commercial activities don’t affect the players budget and have always stated they spend up to the cap. No reason not to believe them.
Some people simply can't grasp that the commercial activities are designed to raise revenue.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Flash

Post by Flash »

Thanks for the updates strawclearer :smt038
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

At risk of being pessimistic, Denton doesn’t fill me with joy, given you look at Vunipola, Hughes, Armand/Simmonds, Ackerman etc.....he’s not in that league.