Fans forum 13th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Fans forum 13th Feb

Post by Stephen18 »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm At risk of being pessimistic, Denton doesn’t fill me with joy, given you look at Vunipola, Hughes, Armand/Simmonds, Ackerman etc.....he’s not in that league.
I think if tigers can sort the front 5 and start getting some go forward ball denton can make desent yards i remember before he moved to bath he was rated quite highly, also with thompson and o connor it adds more of a threat.
We were never going to sign a vunipola or picamole because we cant afford one and there aint any that havent been decovered and signed up by another team or have international ambitions.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

All about balance.

Waldrom isn’t like Vunipola etc, but worked.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Denton for me could work for Tigers and it’s all about getting the coaching sorted so that players can start playing to their potential. There’s not exactly loads of premium 8s available so all things considering he is a good signing.

By the sounds of things the coaching set up is now on track with Bakewell coming in and Stanko, Murphy and Deacon definitely staying. We have 100% underperformed recently and I think the lack of a coaching team is to blame, not just MOC.

Also shows a lot that Youngs and Toomua asked to be there. I don’t think Tom is the right captain for Tigers but I’ve aleays thought of him as a big leader in the squad. Him, B O’Connor, Ford and Toomua you have there a core of leaders you can hopefully build a team around.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Flash wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 pm Thanks for the updates strawclearer :smt038
Yes, many thanks strawclearer.

Could you just confirm on the catering side whether or not there will any provision of gateaux for fans please? I know that roly was keen to be reassured on this.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Complimentary tea and coffee was available throught the eveining, alas no cakes!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Thanks for the news. I will resume my place, with the motley, on the Terrace this weekend less likely to use a small tactical nuclear device on MOC, but otherwise feel this season will be defined this weekend - I wrote before we need 6 points minimum from Glaws and Saturday, so we will most likely be at least 1 down unless a miracle occurs.....even then we are battling for 6th place IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm Also can someone ask why Cohen hasn’t stepped down yet?

The answer to that will always remain no as no one has the courage to ask that question to his face!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

There's a good player in Denton and him,Thompson and BOC is a significant upgrade on our BR. Proves MOC is clueless though when he downplays the need of an out and out 7 and BOC has been our best player of late lol
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Alot will go down to how Bakewell works with the squad really.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Tom Youngs and Matt Toomua were there to show solidarity with MO'C.....apparently.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm Also can someone ask why Cohen hasn’t stepped down yet?

The answer to that will always remain no as no one has the courage to ask that question to his face!
It’s not my fault I was unable to attend
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 pm Head Coach Matt O'Connor is asked about the make-up of the Tigers Coaching Squad.

"The incoming coach will take over the forwards, being assisted by Brett Deacon who will work with A League and Academy. Boris will remain responsible for the scrum across the whole club."

"Geordie will be responsible for skills across the whole club, which is vital in those coming through the environment understanding what is required of them."

"I will be remain in charge of the organisation of attack and defence, supported by the incoming coach and Brett Deacon in the 'contact' area."
We're screwed then. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 am Tom Youngs and Matt Toomua were there to show solidarity with MO'C.....apparently.
That's worrying...
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Did no-one ask when we are going to get some decent second rows rather than the current make weights?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm CEO Simon Cohen is asked about the funding of playing group and how it works in funding the construction of a hotel and car-park.

"The main misconception is that we're spending money on this that could be spent on the playing side."
"The deal we have done is find a developer who will pay for the land and building of the hotel. The club will get third of the land back at no cost and the hotel, which we won't own, will help matchday and non-matchday business."
"We think we have done a pretty good deal which costs the club absolutely nothing and is better for the future club ... and we retain a right to purchase it at any time we can afford it."
"Whatever happened, we were going to lose the car parking. So we had to look at building a multi-story car park."
Sounds good to me. I wonder if those people saying the money Tigers "are spending" on this instead of players will be having an absolutely huge piece of humble pie tonight!

Then again, I guess they will still have some excuse.
I don't remember anyone suggesting that the money spent on club infrastructure was being syphoned off from the recruitment budget.

Who said it?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.