Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by ellis9 »

I'm not doing it for bites. I don't rate Farrell at all but I've explained this many times before on here.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I dont rate Ford any more. There was a time he looked like he would become the worlds best. He was like Marcus Smith is now,that youthful no fear but hes gone backwards alarmingly,the last good club season he had was when Bath got to the AP final,hardly runs the ball,doesnt break the line any more,a shadow of the player he was. Sorry but its true mate!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Oh come on Ford is world class. Not his fault that the forwards in front of him are falling apart is it. His out of hand kicking to touch was great and would put teams under pressure if we ever challenged them on their throw which we don’t. Hardly his fault.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Ford isn't consistent enough to be considered world class in my opinion tinytiger.
His kicking yesterday with the wind was very good, just shame he stayed in his shell against the wind and failed to put Leicester in the right areas, considering how much Exeter coughed the ball up in the first half I would've expected many more easy yards for the forwards.
Against the Champions I thought the forwards put in a decent shift for most of the match yesterday, just ran out of steam after the second try really which was a big blow, and didn't have the same strength as Exeter on the bench.
A great shame Genge and Bateman were missing!
Off topic but I'll add my ten pence worth, Farrell is a world class competitor and a much improved player who seems to get a little bit better year on year, as he gets older he reminds me a bit of Toby Flood only with more aggression in the way he often attacks the line, I like the fact that he is always ready to take the responsibility, and very few can play 10/12 at all levels like he can, got to be a top talented player to do that as Flood himself once did!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Just woke up and read this thread and it has reminded me of my preferred coach before MOC's appointment - Haig followed closely by Plumtree -that is still my preference. Haig has proved he can coach forwards and produce real grunt from not top class players. Can't believe his contract would be that expensive to buy
Hehehehehehehehe
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

We have a team of individuals. Some senior players are tired and do not look motivated.
The difference between Exeter was they play as a team, know their positions and know what their job is.
Thats down to coaching.
We look Leaderless, rudderless and dispirited.We do not know how to compete at the breakdown, rarely get over the gain line and ball handling skills are poor. 50/50 balls are never competed for.
Lancaster and Ford combination might at least root out get half of these problems sorted which should transfer to points on score board.
I thought MOC was bringing exactly this to the club. Roots and branches please Board down.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Concur.
We have no strategy for the forwards outside of the scrum.
4 to 8 are not of premiership standard - absolutely illustrated by Worcester who are relegation candidates.

O’Connor seems to unable to address this. His persistence with Fitzgerald in the second row seems since his return from injury has coincided with the drop off in our form from moderate to awful.
He and Kitchener are probably the worst performing locks in the league.

He was a failure at Leinster so how much more evidence is needed?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

wellstiger wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:13 am We have a team of individuals. Some senior players are tired and do not look motivated.
The difference between Exeter was they play as a team, know their positions and know what their job is.
Thats down to coaching.
My feeling exactly. Scrum is strong, lineout is improving slowly, but away from set piece we look as disorganised as Sarries and Exeter look organised.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

MOC has managed to bring Tigers to its knees in less time than he needed at Leinster.

We won’t go down this season (reserved for the Notnots), so let MOC fail to meet the seasons objectives (top 4, get out of HC pool, I assume), and then sack him.

In the meantime, look for a new coaching team with no preconceived ideas, and that includes you, Mr Cohen. You can hide your head in shame.
Valhalla I am coming!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Peter Tom too,he was interviewed and spouted the exhaustive search nonsense as well.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

mol2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:43 am Concur.
We have no strategy for the forwards outside of the scrum.
4 to 8 are not of premiership standard - absolutely illustrated by Worcester who are relegation candidates.

O’Connor seems to unable to address this. His persistence with Fitzgerald in the second row seems since his return from injury has coincided with the drop off in our form from moderate to awful.
He and Kitchener are probably the worst performing locks in the league.

He was a failure at Leinster so how much more evidence is needed?
I agree with much of that. Kitchener has been playing much better and was good against the Chiefs making some pretty important tackles and leading our much improved lineout. As a combination he doesn't work with Fitzgerald though, needs an enforcer alongside him.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes Kitchener has played well in the last 4/5 games.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

OK so we've lost 6 in a row. That's pretty ****.

BUT... of those, only Worcester at home I would have really expected us to win. Munster, Wasps, Saracens and Exeter all have better squads, more well balanced squads, and more consistency over the last few years.

I can't honestly blame the coaches for professional, experienced players consistently failing to catch or hold on to a ball - they should have that skill boxed off before they break into the first team.

We expect to be in the top 4 as a minimum because of our history, but look at our squad. How many of them are in (or anywhere near) the top 4 in their position in the Premiership?

Genge, Cole, B Youngs, Ford, Toomua, May, Veainu? Even a few of those are questionable, and 3 have missed a large chunk of the season already.

O'Connor's job isn't to win things with this squad, it's to build a squad that is capable of winning things, and that isn't done in 6 months. I wasn't overwhelmed by his appointment, and I disagree with some of his selections and decisions, but if he's sacked this season it demonstrates that the board don't understand where the Tigers squad stands as it is. This time next season is where we should be seeing improvements - if we don't then it is time to consider his position.

Bear in mind too, last year we were losing games 40something to nothing, against much lesser teams than Exeter.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

We have had several seasons of building for the future.

Still no sign of a bungalow let alone a sky scraper!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

mol2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm We have had several seasons of building for the future.

Still no sign of a bungalow let alone a sky scraper!
Problem is none of the rebuilders has been given time to get beyond the foundations and they at times have been somewhat shaky. Much as I am dissatisfied with where we are at the moment we have to allow MOC time to finish clearing out the players he doesn't want and to bring in more of those he does.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!