Bored with the same old moaning

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Bored with the same old moaning

Post by Roly »

Scott11 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm This thread is gold lol,bout time this forum livened up! Love me some Roly.
Its like shooting fish in a barrel lad. Fish in a barrel.

On the subject of click-bait, I think I'm on the verge of remembering who our mystery OP is (was).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:16 pm
Scott11 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm This thread is gold lol,bout time this forum livened up! Love me some Roly.
Yeah enough of these old fuddy duddies wanting to discuss the rugger and how we have to fix our line out. This is far more fun.
You need to start a 'line-out' article for that.

This one is for moaning and sledging.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Perhaps we could encourage DMU to run a course on creative moaning
I'm not cynical just experienced
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:20 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm I moaned once because I didn't have much to moan about :smt006
That will have been when we were European Champions. But I could see even then that the rot was setting in. It was inevitable even then that would sink into a oblivion.
Not a bad attempt at humour, robust or otherwise, but needs work.

Joking aside, from the top, the only way is down. Many (expert) people have openly opined that England had peaked prior to the WC of 2003. Look what happened afterwards. It isn't inconceivable that Tigers' decline (and it is a decline) started whilst they were at the peak of their invincibility.

The fortune of 'big' clubs tends to be sinusoidal, but occasionally, large falls from grace are experienced. We can hope its the former and not the latter. The beginning of the season, the good run and then the results of recent weeks suggest that it 'could' go either way. And, if people start voting with their feet - because let's face it, you can't get a coffee at half-time or find staff that know what a lager top is - then the club might be losing 'supporters' revenue too....
Last edited by Roly on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:14 am Perhaps we could encourage DMU to run a course on creative moaning
They wouldnt need encouraging, the staff are experts in the area :smt003 :smt003
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:12 am
chewbacca wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:14 am Perhaps we could encourage DMU to run a course on creative moaning
They wouldnt need encouraging, the staff are experts in the area :smt003 :smt003
lmao
I'm not cynical just experienced