Bored with the same old moaning

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Bored with the same old moaning

Post by LE18 »

Bootface wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 pm After a few years just reading this forum, this is my first post & it pains me to say this but there are some real whingers on here. I get that everyone’s entitled to their opinion but really some people need to get a grip. The number of posts when we lose is significantly higher than when we win which is disappointing really & for me, gives the impression Tigers Fans are a bunch of arrogant moaning Minnie’s. :smt015
So here goes, shoot me down & mock me all you like but this is how I see it. Tigers have had a run of bad seasons (by our standards anyway) & whilst we have had more than a hand in our own undoing, we have also had some pretty bad luck come our way. It’s safe to say we have had some seasons where injuries have decimated the team not just because of the numbers injured but also the positions impacted, we had at least 1 season where playing the same (even stand in) centre combination 2 weeks in a row became a luxury. Last season we systematically sacked key members of the coaching staff & here we are moaning about being in 6th position. We have a team that has changed significantly in the last couple of years & that includes the coaching combinations, & yet despite all this, we are holding our own against those around us like Sarries & Chiefs who have had settled Teams & Coaching staff for some time. If you also factor in, the 50/50 decisions & the fact that professional players are only human & will have their off days, (yes even the Sarries & Chiefs players - not that you’d think it reading some of the comments on here), there will be times when results don’t always go your way. Tigers are not miles behind anyone. ('m not sure any of the other teams would consistently finish where we do with half the challenges we’ve had over the last 4/5 seasons). What seems to get overlooked is, that when you set the benchmark eventually those around you will catch up & that’s where we now find ourselves, not top of the pile but definitely in the mix. Since the professional era began the gap between the top teams & the rest of the league has closed. The fact that some have found success by flaunting the rules (like the wage cap) is unfortunate but we are where we are. All of these factors make for a more interesting competition & I don’t think any team (including Tigers) will have the opportunity to dominate the league in the way we did, ever again. Like a lot on here, I get frustrated when we lose a game we should have won, the last 2 weeks are prime examples, but, that said I have every faith Tigers will come good… We are still, after all, the most successful team in the league & we have standards to maintain. :smt001
So! stop your moaning, keep the faith & get behind the team. :smt041 Tiiiigggeeeeeerrrrrsss :smt038
Just as a point of order, isnt this a "moan" :smt043
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

LE10Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 am
Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 am
LE10Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 am What a surprise from Roly i'm surprised that he actually 'supports' tigers at all
I 'follow' Tigers - I don't 'support' them - not according to some people on here who as far as I can tell, define 'supporting' as turning up three hours before each home game so that they can claim their favourite spot on the Crumbie. giving them the best opportunity to slow clap the officials and bemoan the apparent decline in the standards of the game in general, whilst filling their wellies quicker than they can empty them with over-priced, pre-poured beer, in plastic glasses, served by clueless staff at the head of a gargantuan queue.

N.B. This does not give you the moral high ground.
Any chance you can 'follow' another team as Tigers seem to upset you so much? Enjoy Christmas what with your glass half empty
Tigers don't upset me, numpties upset me. Read that as you will, its very much a 'cap-fitting' exercise.

Anyway, is there any chance you can 'ignore' posts which seem to upset you so much?

See what I did there?
Last edited by Roly on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 pm
LE10Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 am Any chance you can 'follow' another team as Tigers seem to upset you so much? Enjoy Christmas what with your glass half empty
Like a lot of miserable people the only thing that makes them happy is making other people miserable.
Then you seem to be in good company with LE10 and myself - well observed. kind of ironic isn't it.
Last edited by Roly on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 pm There was a time when criticism of a rugger team was unjustified, it was just a past time you enjoyed for free but it's now a business!
Let's face it they are very slowly creeping up their fellow soccer pro's in not being anywhere near able to justify what they earn!
22k per match for England, more than a serving soldiers annual salary on the bottom rung, crazy stuff!
5-10k per week to deliver some of the dross at club level!
If they are rubbish then they are fair game at those prices in my opinion!
I doubt (m)any players read this forum. The name of this board is even "fans forum". If you want to criticise the players probably the most direct method is twitter. Many of them are regular users. Even better wait around after the match, I'm sure they will be delighted to get your feedback. Or you could just yell abuse from the terrace.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A well balanced post from OP giving their opinion. There are diffeent types of users: those that choose to criticise the Club, those that choose to praise the club, those that provide a balance between both and others that choose not to respond one way or the other.
There are some posters that continually criticise or just try to provoke a response through negativity (no users named). This does not make the forum a welcome place for other users to post.
Please can we stick to discussions of the topics and stay away from getting personal with each other.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 pm Tigers don't upset me, numpties upset me.
Exactly. You don't actually much interest in the Tigers. You just like upsetting people and making people unhappy. A classic internet troll. Whatever floats your boat. I guess after getting crapped on by your commanding officer all shift you have to get your kicks somehow.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 pm
Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 pm Tigers don't upset me, numpties upset me.
Exactly. You don't actually much interest in the Tigers. You just like upsetting people and making people unhappy. A classic internet troll. Whatever floats your boat. I guess after getting crapped on by your commanding officer all shift you have to get your kicks somehow.
1. You're wrong.
2. You obviously know nothing of my position within my organisation, or of my organisation itself.
3. Now, now, you have been warned to stay away from 'getting personal' you naughty boy.
Last edited by Roly on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am ...
I continue to serve and am proud to do so.
So you DO have one redeeming feature, Roly. Can’t be quite as bad as you generally appear on here!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

TomWeston wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:45 pm
Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am ...
I continue to serve and am proud to do so.
So you DO have one redeeming feature, Roly. Can’t be quite as bad as you generally appear on here!
Well, I think it was Samuel Johnson that said:

"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea.”

So I can understand some of the responses I get. Is it me, or does the style of the OP remind you of someone else that departed the forum a while ago....
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 pm There was a time when criticism of a rugger team was unjustified, it was just a past time you enjoyed for free but it's now a business!
Let's face it they are very slowly creeping up their fellow soccer pro's in not being anywhere near able to justify what they earn!
22k per match for England, more than a serving soldiers annual salary on the bottom rung, crazy stuff!
5-10k per week to deliver some of the dross at club level!
If they are rubbish then they are fair game at those prices in my opinion!
I doubt (m)any players read this forum. The name of this board is even "fans forum". If you want to criticise the players probably the most direct method is twitter. Many of them are regular users. Even better wait around after the match, I'm sure they will be delighted to get your feedback. Or you could just yell abuse from the terrace.
Thanks for the advice, although it's nothing that I wasn't already aware of anyway, a bit like moaners posting, but still thanks for taking the time to communicate it anyway!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Pessimist ,realist or optimist? I know which one i am 😉
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 pm Pessimist ,realist or optimist? I know which one i am 😉
Certainly not the second or third ones.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ellis im certainly a realist,and i wasn't asking you!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You got the answer anyway.

Just to make you aware, when you post on a forum and ask a question, any one on there can answer and comment.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Please dont address me anymore,youre a windup merchant and we have been PM already. You are not worth a ban. Good day.