Tigers v Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bath

Post by Noddy555 »

Technologus I must have missed that so if Cole is fit like Doghashaditsday suggests I'd put Coley on the bench and if Thompstone is still injured then it would be Brady or Holmes as No.14.
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

Easily done, Noddy, in these days of the transfer carousel :smt009
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Saw Tom Brady on Queens Road yesterday still limping. Could be a start for Jonah Holmes, an early chance to show what he can do in the higher level, he looks good so far.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Starve their back line if the ball and keep it tight like tigers of old. Proper old up front war...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 pm Starve their back line if the ball and keep it tight like tigers of old. Proper old up front war...
With our back line on a warm sunny day :smt017 :smt017
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Cant see Bath stopping us getting a TBP if I'm honest but their backline and back row is very good too so they will always score points. Our tight 5 is much better though so we have to target the setpiece but be very careful in the maul because Charteris is very good at spoiling. Our front row should cream theres really so that will yield some points and field position.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Agree with that Scott.
I think similar to Leicester if all are fit then Bath have a nice look about them on paper.
It's a good time to play them IMO and I think Tigers will take them although it'd be better at the Rec and get some away points as I always fancy Tigers to do Bath at Welford Road anyway.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I'm struggling to remember the last time we won at the Rec in the league!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Leicester Tigers (v Bath Rugby, Welford Road, Sunday 3.00pm)

15 Telusa Veainu

14 Nick Malouf

13 Manu Tuilagi

12 Matt Toomua

11 Jonny May

10 George Ford

9 Ben Youngs

1 Ellis Genge

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Logovi’i Mulipola

4 Dom Barrow

5 Graham Kitchener

6 Dominic Ryan

7 Brendon O’Connor

8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements

16 Harry Thacker

17 Greg Bateman

18 Dan Cole

19 Mike Williams

20 Luke Hamilton

21 Sam Harrison

22 Joe Ford

23 Mathew Tait
Simon239

Post by Simon239 »

strong Bath team

Bath Rugby

15 Anthony Watson

14 Semesa Rokoduguni

13 Jonathan Joseph

12 Max Clark

11 Matt Banahan

10 Rhys Priestland

9 Chris Cook

1 Beno Obano

2 Tom Dunn

3 Kane Palma-Newport

4 Luke Charteris

5 Elliott Stooke

6 Matt Garvey (c)

7 Francois Louw

8 Taulupe Faletau

Replacements

16 Jack Walker

17 Nick Auterac

18 Anthony Perenise

19 James Phillips

20 Paul Grant

21 Kahn Fotuali’i

22 Freddie Burns

23 Ben Tapuai
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Tigers' pack simply have to dominate if they're to win this. Any step backwards and points will be conceded. Tigers are at home with a full house so I'll back them to win by 7!
Semper in excretia
maroontrunks
Tiger Cub

Post by maroontrunks »

Interesting to see Cook starting with Fotuali'i on the bench.
Bath are obviously expecting to need to inject some zip later in the game and considering that was essentially how they beat us at Twickers it seems like a sound game plan. Both packs have some fearsome players in them but I expect our front row will be key.
Having not been able to attend any of the warm up games I have no perception of what to expect from Malouf, though it's interesting to see him moving straight into the starting lineup. I imagine Toomua is going to be key in organising the defensive line, though I fancy that backline as a force to be reckoned with in attack.
In short I'm absolutely delighted at the prospect of being back at Welford Road cheering them on!
On another note I'm surprised how little comment there's been about the starting lineup so far on the forum, is everyone busy at work? :smt002
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

maroontrunks wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:44 pm Interesting to see Cook starting with Fotuali'i on the bench.
Bath are obviously expecting to need to inject some zip later in the game and considering that was essentially how they beat us at Twickers it seems like a sound game plan. Both packs have some fearsome players in them but I expect our front row will be key.
Having not been able to attend any of the warm up games I have no perception of what to expect from Malouf, though it's interesting to see him moving straight into the starting lineup. I imagine Toomua is going to be key in organising the defensive line, though I fancy that backline as a force to be reckoned with in attack.
In short I'm absolutely delighted at the prospect of being back at Welford Road cheering them on!
On another note I'm surprised how little comment there's been about the starting lineup so far on the forum, is everyone busy at work? :smt002
I presume everyone is just happy with the selection. I few might have expected to see Holmes come in instead but that's about it. It looks a good side and there's some impact on the bench. Two flyhalfs not known for their points kicking but known for their attacking play could make for an exciting watch in the Leicestershire sunshine.

Post by newbie »

The only other 'surprise' would be I don't think many would have picked Ryan at blindside ahead of Williams or Hamilton - still great to have the new season staring and hope that we can start with a convincing win!!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Very exciting 23. Can't wait!!
Soggypitch