Team Vs Treviso

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Team Vs Treviso

Post by Hot_Charlie »

It'll be interesting to see Ford (Joe) start in the AP against strong opposition. He could potentially be a very shrewd signing. Interesting to see Toomua goal kicking too when Ford went off (even though Hardwick - also a kicker - came on); maybe a sign we may see him at 10 a bit.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I thought there were a few issues, defensive organisation was not as good as the second half of last season, but several new faces that's what you expect.
Joe Ford stepped up IMO and I was pleasantly surprised. Thought that Fred looked far better than when previously seen, and two of his errors were awful passes to him - his tackling was excellent. BOC was a class act until his knock.
The scrum issues in the first half were partly caused by us going very low, and later in the half by the Treviso 6 packing virtually 90 degrees to the scrum and not properly bound, which caused issues until his replacement packed straight.
Neither Holmes nor Malouf had positions right. Malouf may be a Scully character!
Shazam is simply the best 2nd string in the AP and could earn serious money as a 9/10 in France.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm ....Shazam is simply the best 2nd string in the AP and could earn serious money as a 9/10 in France.
Shush now :smt018
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Who is Shazam?
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:39 am Who is Shazam?
Sam Harrison
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

G.K wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:55 am
jgriffin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm ....Shazam is simply the best 2nd string in the AP and could earn serious money as a 9/10 in France.
Shush now :smt018
When you look at the personnel to come into the backs and how the forwards were still a little unconvincing in parts then you have to wonder, also given the experiences of the past two or three seasons!
No doubt Ben Youngs is class act behind a dominant forward pack, but if all things are equal or worse up front then Sam Harrison will be the better option to put those backs on the front foot and give them the best chance.
Given the strength of Sarries up front and the odds on dominating sides like them in that area then I think it high time Leicester started thinking that they have two equal horse for course 9's rather than one automatic first choice!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

BFG,i agree a million percent! 😂
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

From what I've seen I'd say Ben Youngs is a much superior SH to Sam Harrison, Sam gets the ball away quickly from the breakdown but offers little else in terms of an attacking threat. Backrows can more or less ignore him, in contrast Ben Youngs offers a much better all round game. Looking at the Premiership stats Harrison has 90 appearances and scored 4 tries, Youngs 140 appearance and scored 21 tries.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 am
Scuttle wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:39 am Who is Shazam?
Sam Harrison
Many thanks
As Good As It Gets