Watching the Lions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Watching the Lions

Post by TigerCam »

Ah well and at last the circus has finally left town, the Lions are back in their respective national cages and Bozo can remove his red nose or is it permanent? The proper rugby is about to commence and I cannot wait to get to WR and get re-vitalised (another term for a few beers and great company) The only downside is that I will miss the Bath game as I will be on my way back from overseas the weekend - bummer!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Im a bit meh over the Lions,its England,Tigers then Lions for me although SA 2009 was a fantastic tour!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:43 pm
tigercaspian wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:56 am Is it it me or are the Kiwi's having a bit of whinge about the fact they weren't allowed to win ??

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11888071

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11888011

"The Ritchie McCaw factor is finally wearing off........" Draw your on conclusions.......!!
I suspect it more a realisation that they have to look to the next generation to step up.
To be fair, although the first article was the usual whinge about any decision that, rightly or wrongly, went against the AB's without any consideration of the fact that this cuts both ways, the second seemed much more aware that NZ actually have little to complain about to the extent of at least hinting that Kaino was lucky to escape a red which could have made a real difference to the results of the final test and the tour.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Mollycat wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:25 am Can i add this is our 3rd lions tour and the people and country have been amazing, will go to SA again had no issues with friendship shown by them either wonderful life experience🦁🏉
Hi Mollycat. Your 3rd Lions' tour! Good for you!
I went to SA in '97 and saw the deciding Test in Durban (undoubtedly the best game I've ever seen - tension, noise, the fabulous King's Park atmosphere) and then the midweek game in Welkom against Northern Free State. The welcome of the South African people - particularly in Welkom :smt002 , was great, where an enormous hairy-back Afrikaaner and his missus gave me a lift back to Bloemfontein! Wonderful memories!
I'd love to go to the next tour in SA - must start saving a few euros! Might even suggest that Mme Robespierre comes with me!
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Interesting article from NZ: http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/lions-tou ... ou-nz.html

...and there was me thinking Me'a Culpa was the latest AB second five-eight!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Funny how they are now saying that Wales can kick on from the Lions our!

Who said Gatland wasn't doing it to benefit his side.