Well Done Scarlets!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Well Done Scarlets!

Post by G.K »

Great game by Scarlets tonight away at the RDS after yet another awful decision by the ref to red card a player just for a tackle. :smt023

Just hope that Tigers show the same commitment and effort tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath on that. :smt047
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
welshy08

Re: Well Done Scarlets!

Post by welshy08 »

yup. The Pro12 has simply been astounding all year and this semi-final didn't disappoint.

You will certainly be hard pushed to see a more thoroughly entertaining game than this.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

welshy08 wrote:yup. The Pro12 has simply been astounding all year and this semi-final didn't disappoint.

You will certainly be hard pushed to see a more thoroughly entertaining game than this.
If it is so entertaining then why does barely anyone watch it, if it wasn't for the Irish fans all the Pro 12 grounds would be empty.

Literally no one cares about any of the welsh regions, welsh fans only come out for the annual wooden spoon battle. :smt043
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

TheRock wrote:
welshy08 wrote:yup. The Pro12 has simply been astounding all year and this semi-final didn't disappoint.

If it is so entertaining then why does barely anyone watch it, if it wasn't for the Irish fans all the Pro 12 grounds would be empty.

Literally no one cares about any of the welsh regions, welsh fans only come out for the annual wooden spoon battle. :smt043
Don't know why you're laughing when you make such laughable, broad brush statements. Just one counter example, Llanelli, population of around 35,000 with average attendance of around 6,000. Leicester, population of around 330,000 with average attendance of around 22,000. Yes, I know that there are the surrounding rural areas, but not enough to explain the large difference in attendance relative to population.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Most of the Pro 12 attendances in Swansea are bolstered by dual tickets and giving shed loads away to local schools. Scarlets average is par for the course, except for Dragons slightly poorer average; Llanelli attendances have always been good, although not especially enjoyable for attitude, making Glaws look cuddly. The only time I have had a fan urinate on my car was at the old Sospan when supporting the Whites, as well as literal mudslinging.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Congratulations indeed to the Scarlets, I don;t think anyone outside of Dublin is sorry to see the Mexicans slaughtered. :smt003

As for crowds, I don't know how many fans Scaaaaaaaaaaalets took over, not many I'm sure given Parc-y-Empty's cavernous emptiness but still, not even selling out a home semi is pathetic, less than 16000. The cocky Mexicans were probably saving their euros for the final. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Thomand Park is hardly near capacity tonight
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

For those of us not in the know why the references to Mexicans, please explain :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

MOC said that Leinster that they had not won anything since he left and so it goes on?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat