Bye Bye Kooga

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Bye Bye Kooga

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Reports on social media that Kooga have been dumped as our kit supplier after this season's quality and supply fiasco. Kukri are allegedly replacing them on a single year deal paving the way for a new supplier for the 18/19 season.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Bye Bye Kooga

Post by strawclearer »

...and a tweet from an 'obsessive fan' saying "Very interesting night at the Tigers fans forum.Not sure how well the new shirts will go down.But at least there's a new supplier."

Has anyone had a sighter?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I can only say i'm glad, even though this season's home kit design was the best for many a year the quality is poor at best, that along with the rest of their kit designs being bad and the appalling "fashion" line that KooGa have offered their fate has long been sealed.

As far as Kukri are concerned its probably the best stopgap we can get, hopefully we can get Canterbury back or maybe even somebody Nike or Adidas
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

strawclearer wrote:...and a tweet from an 'obsessive fan' saying "Very interesting night at the Tigers fans forum.Not sure how well the new shirts will go down.But at least there's a new supplier."

All I've heard is it's similar to the 13/14 kit and the away kit is a white version
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

kpj tiger wrote:
strawclearer wrote:...and a tweet from an 'obsessive fan' saying "Very interesting night at the Tigers fans forum.Not sure how well the new shirts will go down.But at least there's a new supplier."

All I've heard is it's similar to the 13/14 kit and the away kit is a white version
The single set of horizontal stripes? Not very inspiring. Ah well - as long as it's not Kooga.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

strawclearer wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:

The single set of horizontal stripes? Not very inspiring. Ah well - as long as it's not Kooga.
Yeah that's the one, I assume its Kukri and Tigers just playing safe for a year, something that isn't going to split opinion as much as some recent efforts
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Green on green I think was mentioned. Possibly similar in stripe capacity to the 2003-5 shirt!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

My reaction is good riddance, never really rated them or their products except for their compression socks which I'm wearing at the moment.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Real pity: this was the best design for years and I didn't bother because of the noise around the poor quality.
And the away kit...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Bring back Cotton Traders!
Soggypitch
SirGordonRamsey

Post by SirGordonRamsey »

I'd also love to see cotton traders agian, don't believe we have to fight to sign them, just depends what they want to put on the table and for how much.

Asics, CCC, or Addidas is what I'd like. Kooga havent been too bad and we've finally had the long awaited classic kit return.
Egg Chasers Rugby Podcast: 'Tigers Jeresy, its like getting into an E Type Jag'
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

SirGordonRamsey wrote:I'd also love to see cotton traders agian, don't believe we have to fight to sign them, just depends what they want to put on the table and for how much.

Asics, CCC, or Addidas is what I'd like. Kooga havent been too bad and we've finally had the long awaited classic kit return.
Cotton Traders pulled out of the kit business altogether IIRC, so getting them onboard could be tricky. Canterbury would be fine again - particularly seeing what they've done with (some of) Bath's shirts. I think we may have just been a bit too off the wall when they were with us leading to the interesting stripes followed by a couple of fairly boring offerings which just weren't quite Tiger-like.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Thank god we are seeing the back of Kooga.. :smt038 what an awful decision to ever let them make our kit their product is at best woeful...
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Canterbury would have to be very different from last time to interest me. Didn't by a single one of their shirts. On the plus side, it saved me a fair bit and meant I've got much more wear out of the 10+ shirts I already had.

I know that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but kit companies do seem to struggle to satisfy their customers.

Cotton Traders had difficulty designing home shirts that weren't almost carbon copies of an earlier one.

Canterbury were way too wild for many at the first attempt, overreacted (IMO) and then went very bland.

Kooga had problems with supply and quality.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

With you there Sir Gordon Cotton Traders have produced the best Kit by far over the last 10 years.