Meanwhile, further south down the A508.......

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Meanwhile, further south down the A508.......

Post by Maidman »

Living where I do I have a number of Saints neighbours and friends. They are not happy bunnies, but seem fairly resigned to keeping Mallinder & West. In some respects we should maybe admire the commitment, even if it is to a duo who seem to be on the wane.

Like others, I'd prefer to see a strong Saints helping to make the Midlands a real rugby stronghold. At present they are less than the sum of their parts, but they do seem to be planning quite a squad shake up next year. As with Tigers, not sure it is the players but the coaching.

I reckon they will struggle to make top six now, as they have Wasps, Sarries, Chiefs as their next three games!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Snorbins wrote:Hope he got his mother a card!
I heard the ref sent her roses but they were yellow and she wanted red ones......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote:They should not be blaming ref, Mallender was miles in front of kicker when he harrassed Veinu for their first try,
Harassed Veainu is a completely different postcode to where the ball was landing. Veainu had managed to get himself halfway to Milton Keynes when that bomb fell on him! :smt003
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:..
Picamoles gives them some go forward.
I wish we still had King Louis at Toulouse!!
Do you think that we could convince him that a move up the old A50 would enhance his prospects of top level European rugby? He would certainly help our quests for trophies :smt003
As a Marquee(ish) player, within a week of his arrival, he'd be injured and out for the rest of the season, so no thanks.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
LE18 wrote:They should not be blaming ref, Mallender was miles in front of kicker when he harrassed Veinu for their first try,
Harassed Veainu is a completely different postcode to where the ball was landing. Veainu had managed to get himself halfway to Milton Keynes when that bomb fell on him! :smt003

Mallender was still miles in front of kicker!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:

Oh, I don't disagree. :smt001
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Harassed Veainu is a completely different postcode to where the ball was landing. Veainu had managed to get himself halfway to Milton Keynes when that bomb fell on him! :smt003[/quote]

Mallender was still miles in front of kicker![/quote]

Oh, I don't disagree. :smt001[/quote]

HC

I think that Veainu was initially under where the ball was going to come down, but wind blew it away from him whilst he had his eye on the onrushing Mallender, it should have been reviewed by TMO.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote:
HC

I think that Veainu was initially under where the ball was going to come down, but wind blew it away from him whilst he had his eye on the onrushing Mallender, it should have been reviewed by TMO.
Either way, he was 1/2 a mile away by the time it landed! :smt003
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Hot Charlie wrote:

Except he wasn't - have looked carefully at the video today - at worst he was exactly level with Myler so a very marginal call either way. In all probability the TMO would have ruled in favour of the attacking team, deeming him to be 'behind the kicker'.