Away strip for the final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Away strip for the final

Post by Chobbsy »

Away strip for the final YUCK!!!! is it our worse strip ever??
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Awat strip for the final

Post by strawclearer »

Chobbsy wrote:Away strip for the final YUCK!!!! is it our worse strip ever??
Yes

(Hope that's definitive enough!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Away strip for the final

Post by wormus »

Chobbsy wrote:Away strip for the final YUCK!!!! is it our worse strip ever??
Yes Acid bile "Huey Green!!" Ugh I still cannot see why Tigers cannot play in the Green, Red and White strip there is no colour clash just a disadvantage.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I couldn't care less what kit we will be in. It has no bearing on how we play or the result. I can't believe people are moaning about it to be honest. It's just a kit.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

We do seem to have done rather better in the 'away' kit in recent weeks . Our last implosion was wearing the red , white and green !
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

The orange one was worse.............
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

The orange strip was at least interesting. The new alternative kit looks awful as well as being boring.

I have a feeling that this is part of a contract with Kooga, that we HAVE to wear the alternative kit at all AP & AWC away games. So far the only away games we've worn the home kit at have been in the Champions Cup.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

northerntiger wrote:The orange one was worse.............
The "platinum" one covered in the ridiculous stars was worser. :smt002
DigDag

Post by DigDag »

I have to agree with northerntiger that the orange strip was the worst. This might sound like a "wind up" but I am seriously colour blind in the orange / green / brown / red kind of spectrum and found it very difficult watching the Tigers in the orange kit. I actually thought the current away kit is yellow! But, that said, at least I can see it and recognise which team is which. Watching a muddy game between London Irish (in green . . . I think) and Tigers (in orange) a year or two ago was not my best day out. Just a thought for the kit designers to consider things like this. Keep it simple, keep it stripey. Home kit: Green, red and white. Away kit: White, red and green. European kit: Red, green and white. Job done! Good luck to the lads on Sunday, let's have a few beers and hopefully pick up a bit of silverware.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

DigDag wrote:Keep it simple, keep it stripey. Home kit: Green, red and white. Away kit: White, red and green. European kit: Red, green and white. Job done!
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I don't mind it. I wouldn't buy it, but the away strip is supposed to be different to the home colours - that's literally the point of it. I didn't like the orange one but plenty did and I get the point of it.

As it goes I liked the platinum one, probably my favourite away kit of recent years.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ellis9 wrote:I couldn't care less what kit we will be in. It has no bearing on how we play or the result. I can't believe people are moaning about it to be honest. It's just a kit.

Do you have eyes?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I think this is a wise choice as this young team perform well in it and anything however small that adds to the team's confidence, is to be encouraged. Exeter have some good youngsters too and this will be the hardest match for our lads.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
ellis9 wrote:I couldn't care less what kit we will be in. It has no bearing on how we play or the result. I can't believe people are moaning about it to be honest. It's just a kit.

Do you have eyes?

Yes I do. Your point is?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I thought the point of an "away strip" was to be an alternative when there was a clash of colours with the home side who have priority of colour choice.

If there is no clash of first choice strip I would rather us play in our home strip. Presumably there is the somewhat ambitious hope that wearing our away strip will prompt sales. If that were the case why not go for a half decent colour scheme for the away strip - like the black one we had for Europe, the sky blue one or even white. But why do we come up with monkey puke yellow, orange or lime green?