Is Matt O'Connor coming back?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Is Matt O'Connor coming back?

Post by jgriffin »

We need a charismatic, winning DOR, a winning Head Coach and a winning coaching group before we can fully assess the winning (or not) potential of the players. It is a 2-3 year project.
Right now I see nowt like that.
Tigers will not climb back unless the BoD recognise that in sacking Cockers, they were upping the stakes for a DOR and coaches. Certainly the only names touted don't make it.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote:I took him with me to see the Chiefs game. He is the head of a company that is one of Chiefs main sponsors and believe me if you want,I don't care,he arranged a meet with a few of the players after the game including Bayeman and Mulipola. I sadly couldn't go due to train back to Birmingham but there are a few players not happy and I will know more after being kindly invited down to Sandy Park for Chiefs/Brizzle on the 8th April.
There will always be some unhappy in a squad of 40 plus. The 2 you mention Balmain has never pushed on from his early promise, and Mulipola who though a great favourite, is spending increasing amounts of time on the treatment table
If the players are unhappy then let's see those statements of discontent on the paddock and not through, third party rumours.
If you have anything concrete to report back after your trip to Sandy Park, including names, then I'm sure we'll all be delighted to read them, but please no more of this anonymous player drivel
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bateman mate,he is a good friend of his. call it drivel if you want mate,I suppose you are one of the many,many complacent fans he refers too!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote:Bateman mate,he is a good friend of his.
Well I had to guess who Bayeman was.
Still let's not big anything up until we have concrete proof
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote:Bateman mate,he is a good friend of his. call it drivel if you want mate,I suppose you are one of the many,many complacent fans he refers too!
You have no idea who I am who what my feelings are. What I don't put is posts saying look at me I nearly met so and so that were going to tell me xyz.
When they've told you come back to me

And FYI I have been supporting Tigers for over 40 years and was calling for evolution 2 or 3 years ago when it was apparent to me that the game was moving forward and Tigers weren't keeping pace.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It wasn't a look at me! I explained the situation of why my friend was there and what he posted on our website. It doesn't worry you that a fan of another club sees things that are staring our own fans in the face? Just saw your last sentence, me and you are singing from exactly the same hymn sheet mate!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer