6 Nations Lions chat.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

6 Nations Lions chat.

Post by Mark62 »

Long way to go but after Scotland beat Ireland, who has furthered their reputation and who has slipped back a little.
For me Hogg was fantastic and Laidlaw outplayed Connor Murray. For the Irish Furlong further enhanced his reputation and CJ Stander had a storming match
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 nations lions chat.

Post by L Smith »

Mark62 wrote:Long way to go but after Scotland beat Ireland, who has furthered their reputation and who has slipped back a little.
For me Hogg was fantastic and Laidlaw outplayed Connor Murray. For the Irish Furlong further enhanced his reputation and CJ Stander had a storming match
I've always thought Zebo a fantastic player but he looked like he'd been eating for 2!
Hogg for Tigers, anyone?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations Lions chat.

Post by drc_007 »

L Smith wrote:
Mark62 wrote:Long way to go but after Scotland beat Ireland, who has furthered their reputation and who has slipped back a little.
I've always thought Zebo a fantastic player but he looked like he'd been eating for 2!
Hogg for Tigers, anyone?
Zebo looked rather slow, not sure if he had taken a knock but he looked well off the pace.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

People will shout me down likely but I would quite like to see Georgia added, make it 7 Nations and every team plays 3 home 3 away, if not that then introduce relegation with the likes of Georgia, Romania and Russia playing to join, best way to strengthen them is to do what the Argies did, play the top sides on a regular basis, then the game grows and we get a more competitive World Cup
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:People will shout me down likely but I would quite like to see Georgia added, make it 7 Nations and every team plays 3 home 3 away, if not that then introduce relegation with the likes of Georgia, Romania and Russia playing to join, best way to strengthen them is to do what the Argies did, play the top sides on a regular basis, then the game grows and we get a more competitive World Cup
Sir Clive just made the point about relegation felt it should have been introduced along with bonus points
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Mark62 wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:People will shout me down likely but I would quite like to see Georgia added, make it 7 Nations and every team plays 3 home 3 away, if not that then introduce relegation with the likes of Georgia, Romania and Russia playing to join, best way to strengthen them is to do what the Argies did, play the top sides on a regular basis, then the game grows and we get a more competitive World Cup
Sir Clive just made the point about relegation felt it should have been introduced along with bonus points
yes I just saw that too
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 nations lions chat.

Post by tigercaspian »

L Smith wrote:
Hogg for Tigers, anyone?
Hogg for Tigers, L Smith? Yes,please!!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I thoughT O BRIAN had a great game and I agree about Furlong. Kearney still looks a good player for an old man and so does Heaslip. Young Paddy Jackson at 10 had a good came also

Hogg is a must if he can stay injury free, Russel had another good game as did both Gray brothers and Strauss and Seymour. One final word for Barclay .. strange he has so few caps really because he is always a handful.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Another good 80 minutes shift in an England shirt from our Dan...
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Yes Coley did well. For England Daley looks good and that long kick was the difference at the end. Itoje is a world class 2nd row but a very average 6.

On a related note Hartley did nothing and in a tight game EJ has taken his captain off with 30 minutes to go. When is this :censored: going to stop
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

V tense win for England but good teams still win when they have an off day. The French pack were immense, nothing to compare to them in the 6N's.

I would definitely play Farrell at 10 next week in Cardiff and Teo at 12.

Personally I would also have Daly at 13 and Nowell back on the wing.

I would also have Itoje back in the 2nd row and Haskell to start.

Great start though, especially with Ireland losing.

Come on Italy!! :smt003
Soggypitch
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Soggypitch wrote:V tense win for England but good teams still win when they have an off day. The French pack were immense, nothing to compare to them in the 6N's.

Soggy, just posted on FB Fazlet, Te'o, Daly with Nowell and May on the wings.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Old King Cole just goes on and on and on : how does he do it?? Never seems to get subbed. I think Picamoles was fair choice as MotM but Cole is great.
A monster French team reminded me of our struggles v Racing in Paris so from that point of view England - with four first picks missing from the pack - did well to hold France in the first half. The bench then made the difference in second half leading to Teo's excellent try.
Delighted for Scotland after a number of near-miss losses
Come on Italy indeed!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Soggypitch wrote:V tense win for England but good teams still win when they have an off day. The French pack were immense, nothing to compare to them in the 6N's.

Agreed apart from Farrell who was completely hopeless today in just about everything, apart from one good flat pass to set Daly free he was a waste of a shirt.

Daly to 13 and drop Joseph and no way Itoje at back row are no brainers. Very lucky today to sneak the win.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Agreed apart from Farrell who was completely hopeless today in just about everything, apart from one good flat pass to set Daly free he was a waste of a shirt.

I'm no Fazlet fan but the way he stood up Wackamole in full flow today was quite magnificent.