Times report Ford on his way to Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Times report Ford on his way to Tigers

Post by RagingBull »

Suppose if you where looking at Tigers as a player currently would the signing of the currently England 10 be less of a draw to the club? Or more of a draw to the club?

Face it if we are a back with desire to be in the England squad Gavin the England 9 and 10 could be a good factor.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

could they get Tommy Bell back in from wherever he went to be the backup fly half, would likely be cheaper that Flood?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:could they get Tommy Bell back in from wherever he went to be the backup fly half, would likely be cheaper that Flood?
The Exiles. Not a bad shout.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

there is a very highly rated youngster in the Academy by the name of Tom Hardwick - won't be long before he is fast tracked !
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:could they get Tommy Bell back in from wherever he went to be the backup fly half, would likely be cheaper that Flood?
He signed a 'long term deal' with London Irish last season.

He has been getting far more game time than he would here, although not all at 10. He's been playing well too from what I've read.

James Marshall is starting at 10 for them ahead of him currently but Bell is still starting at 15. They also have Brophy-Clews coming through at 10 of course.

I can't see Bell leaving a long term deal at a club who should come straight back up and are apparently recruiting well for if they secure promotion.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

L Smith wrote:
IIRC he left due to being 3rd choice, at best in both roles, 2nd choice 10 back in the prem might well tempt him back, especially if Irish don't win promotion, I have no idea how they are doing
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

I'm not surprised by the return of GF; I posted at the time it was being wildly and widely proclaimed that he was going to Sale that Ben Kay, standing quietly in the background, said nothing and had a knowing smile.

With rumours of MF coming to WR I do hope that Cockers' sacking was not a pre-condition of GF signing for us.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TomWeston wrote:I'm not surprised by the return of GF; I posted at the time it was being wildly and widely proclaimed that he was going to Sale that Ben Kay, standing quietly in the background, said nothing and had a knowing smile.

With rumours of MF coming to WR I do hope that Cockers' sacking was not a pre-condition of GF signing for us.
"There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things."

Niccolo Machiavelli :smt045
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

strawclearer wrote:
TomWeston wrote:I'm not surprised by the return of GF; I posted at the time it was being wildly and widely proclaimed that he was going to Sale that Ben Kay, standing quietly in the background, said nothing and had a knowing smile.

"There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things."

Niccolo Machiavelli :smt045

Christ that's deep!
Give blood, play rugby!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote:Suppose if you where looking at Tigers as a player currently would the signing of the currently England 10 be less of a draw to the club? Or more of a draw to the club?

Face it if we are a back with desire to be in the England squad Gavin the England 9 and 10 could be a good factor.
After today's performance, I'm not totally convinced we'll have the England 9 and 10 next season! Worryingly bad performances from both behind an average pack!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

strawclearer wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Suppose if you where looking at Tigers as a player currently would the signing of the currently England 10 be less of a draw to the club? Or more of a draw to the club?

After today's performance, I'm not totally convinced we'll have the England 9 and 10 next season! Worryingly bad performances from both behind an average pack!
The only player who played well in that team was Daly the rest was average at best.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I thought Cole's 80 mins for an international tight-head against a huge French pack was pretty good.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

L Smith wrote:
Indeed. Bell was one of our most valuable players last season and we've missed him a little this year. However, he wanted to be playing regular rugby without waiting for injuries etc, and if that meant going to another team, then fair enough.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

strawclearer wrote:

Me and you both, mate
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

jgriffin wrote:
strawclearer wrote:

Me and you both, mate
Imagine Youngs and Ford going backwards behind a weak Tigers pack.....it'd make you think the £450k should have been spent elsewhere