Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Times report Ford on his way to Tigers

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
POSTIGER wrote:Delighted we have re-signed Ford - as others have said that is a real statement of intent from the club. If we can get them fit then a back line of Youngs, Ford, Toomua and Tuilagi could be awesome.

My one tiny reservation is that GF is not a particularly good kicker. This would suggest to me that we probably need to recruit a goal kicking full back to compensate. If there's one criticism of Ford's game it's that he can be accused of missing crucial kicks.
Freddie wasn't a great kicker when he came but he made himself one, Ford will do the same
Given the number of years and coaching that he has had for his kicking, it is still very iffy. I doubt very much that it will improve much.

For those who say that signing him shows intent by the club and will help attract players at the higher quality end, given that The Times is reporting a £500k payment to Bath, on top of £450K salary, plus what others like Manu, Toomua and JPP are costing, will there be anything left in the kitty for more big name signings? If not the forwards look a bit underpowered.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Freddie had also had lots of coaching over the years but that didn't stop his improvement.

We must remember that George's body has changed a lot since his late teens. He has put on a fair bit of bulk compared to how he use to be so this will impact his body dynamics in kicking. A bit of fine tuning and I'm sure he will be fine.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Well he continues to hold his England place at fly half in front of Farrell so he must be doing something right. And From the age of 17 to 23 your body undergoes rapid development.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noddy555 wrote:Well he continues to hold his England place at fly half in front of Farrell so he must be doing something right. And From the age of 17 to 23 your body undergoes rapid development.
Mine's developed pretty damn quick from 57 to 63 - as my cardiologist, pulmonologist, opthamologist and orthopaedic surgeon will confirm!!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
For those who say that signing him shows intent by the club and will help attract players at the higher quality end, given that The Times is reporting a £500k payment to Bath, on top of £450K salary, plus what others like Manu, Toomua and JPP are costing, will there be anything left in the kitty for more big name signings? If not the forwards look a bit underpowered.
The £500k will be from a completely different kitty though, which may make things financially easier in the long term, and offset a little in the salary cap by Home Grown player and EPS credits, which we wouldn't have received for Burns.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

strawclearer wrote:...
Mine's developed pretty damn quick from 57 to 63 - as my cardiologist, pulmonologist, opthamologist and orthopaedic surgeon will confirm!!
Phew!! How is your voice?

Thank goodness you are not seeing a proctologist!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TomWeston wrote:

If you're suggesting I talk out of my :censored:...I resemble that remark! :smt003
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Leopard! :smt003
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Why is this topic still running surely everything that can be said about this topic has been said. Come on guys lets move onto something else, like who is going to be his back up when he's away on international duty?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Why is this topic still running surely everything that can be said about this topic has been said. Come on guys lets move onto something else, like who is going to be his back up when he's away on international duty?
Noddy, will you stop trying to close topics down just because you are bored with them ? :smt018

This at least the 3rd time that I have commented on you doing this and you have never succeeded as the topics all carried on merrily.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

strawclearer wrote:
TomWeston wrote:

If you're suggesting I talk out of my :censored:...I resemble that remark! :smt003
Well spotted that man! :smt003