Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SirGordonRamsey

Re: Cockers Removal, wrong decision?

Post by SirGordonRamsey »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
SirGordonRamsey wrote:
'We spent £500,000 on installing a new pitch to suit style of rugby'

Eddie Jones has modernised English rugby, yet Tigers have ambitions to play like Australia? :smt043
I think Mauger would be very upset with you suggesting Tigers have ambitions to play like Australia!
Too right, the ambition was always Austrlia for me though. How many NZ players compared to Aussies do we have. Think Tigers were looking for that exciting open play, that in the regin on Lancaster pulled Englands pants down a few times.

Our back row says alot, its very light, bringing BOC in as that 'Hooper' breakdown surgeon/Open play forward.
Egg Chasers Rugby Podcast: 'Tigers Jeresy, its like getting into an E Type Jag'
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

SirGordonRamsey wrote:How many NZ players compared to Aussies do we have. Think Tigers were looking for that exciting open play, that in the regin on Lancaster pulled Englands pants down a few times.

Our back row says alot, its very light, bringing BOC in as that 'Hooper' breakdown surgeon/Open play forward.
NZ: Brendan O'Connor; Mike Fitzgerald; Jono Kitto (And whilst he's a Tongan International, Telusa Veainu is also NZ born with NZ rugby Ethos no doubt. (Junior AB I believe))

Aus: Peter Betham; Matt Toomua; Lachlan McCaffrey

Not sure about others that may be lurking....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
SirGordonRamsey

Post by SirGordonRamsey »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
SirGordonRamsey wrote:How many NZ players compared to Aussies do we have. Think Tigers were looking for that exciting open play, that in the regin on Lancaster pulled Englands pants down a few times.

NZ: Brendan O'Connor; Mike Fitzgerald; Jono Kitto (And whilst he's a Tongan International, Telusa Veainu is also NZ born with NZ rugby Ethos no doubt. (Junior AB I believe))

Aus: Peter Betham; Matt Toomua; Lachlan McCaffrey

Not sure about others that may be lurking....
Accepted that was a poor point.

That said, BOC is also England Qualified.
Kitto is a non starting Scrumhalf.

With Fitzgerald, our forwards were never the problem. We were looking for expansive, exciting backs play.
Egg Chasers Rugby Podcast: 'Tigers Jeresy, its like getting into an E Type Jag'
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Did the Board sack the wrong man?

Post by G.K »

Disagree - our first choice forwards were/are a problem. Yesterday's game was so much better at the scrum, breakdown, ruck, maul and the number of turnovers. Stood out a mile for me.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Did the Board sack the wrong man?

Post by jgriffin »

G.K wrote:Disagree - our first choice forwards were/are a problem. Yesterday's game was so much better at the scrum, breakdown, ruck, maul and the number of turnovers. Stood out a mile for me.
Agree there, but the problem was a lot of the turnovers were effected by Evans and Thacker (and Smithy), not our first choices! Crofty was massive in his work and leadership in the set piece and mauls, again hasn't been a first choice for a long while but to me lifting him at 2 on defensive lineouts puts huge pressure on the oppo hooker (as was used in the Lions)as well. Got well tired by 50 mins.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.