Racing 92 v Tigers Saturday 14th @ 20:45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Racing 92 v Tigers Saturday 14th @ 20:45

Post by trendylfj »

Unfortunately I was unable to attend this one and had to watch it on the TV. I went to the 2 previous away games in the group and have to say that this looked a far worse performance than the other 2.
My assessment is:

1. The ref and the officials were the worst I have ever seen. Didn't affect the result but I hope that the assessor teaches him the knock on law. " when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward NOT THE CHEST!!!! Followed shortly by"who is this guy on the field? Is he one of yours? just beggars belief.
2. Cole disallowed try was a try but the question asked was the wrong one in my opinion and the answers of "I could not see if the ball was grounded followed by I could not see if the grounding was over the line. Cole was clearly over the line and we clearly saw him ground the ball but you could see a shot which joined the 2 together.
3. The side's performance got exactly what they deserved - nothing
4. There is a skill in getting a ref to see the game your way and Tom clearly hasn't got it - will the captaincy be taken from him? I suspect not, but someone needs to get in his ear.
5. On present form Harrison is the better SH
6. Players who I thought were worthy of note were: Brady, Betham, Genge, Mcaffrey. Thompstone and Tait both tried hard but at times lacked support.
7. Can't blame Burns as our pack rarely broke or even got back to the gain line and Young's service was very slow as a result. He need a bit of space to operate and control things and he got very little
8. As I said in an earlier post, I reserve judgement on AM until he has had time to change things but things have to change including the CEO.
9. I can see us just scraping into the Champions cup next year by coming 6th in the league but we will be a very low seed and as a result will have a very hard group. Anything higher will be a bonus.
Hehehehehehehehe
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Let's face it we had the easiest draw this season and failed.
Racing are a shadow of the side that played us last season.
Munster are not the side of old and I don't see either them or Glasgow going much further.

Unfortunately others being poor doesn't make you great.

Write this season off.
Sort out a new head coach/DOR now so that they can influence signings for next season.
Use pre-season properly rather than as a training jolly like recent times when we have shipped points to low division sides.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Leicester Tigers R.I.P 1880 - 2017
Senior players Clueless. Complaining to Sirs at every opportunity, game on game is not showing leadership. Kicking a--e is. A la Johno
Team is like watching tired carthorses plodding around a foreign field.
13 not worthy of wearing Red White and Green.
Contracts should be reviewed. Those who want out should go.
Mauger no excuses has been at the club in a coaching capacity a season and a half and should have at least game plan. The new hope. NO HOPE
The Board should move over for the sake of the club.

This is my club and I have seen it decline rapidly season on season.
Ground expansion will fail along with a failing team on the field.
Wholesale changes are needed NOW as this season is over.
Get building a squad whilst players want to arrive and play. Any more failure and no quality players will want to sign. With or without injuries.
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Typically, an e-mail has just pinged into my inbox inviting me to check out the new Tigers fashion lines. Says it all really; we used to be a rugby club, now we're clothing retailers.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Agreed, ancientmariner. Where are our priorities? Selling t-shirts, or so it seems.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Even the shirts are not what they were!
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Interesting isn't it, lots of people seem to question the business model and think a sugar daddy is the answer because we are not commercial enough. Others don't like getting commercially driven marketing. I for one have decided to step up to being a supporter and giving my team support. Like when a friend is in need, not necessarily agreeing with everything, but offering support and not picking at every little thing they may have done, but that's just me.

So come on, am, the team, sc pt and the board, I am behind you all.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

mol2 wrote:Let's face it we had the easiest draw this season and failed.
Racing are a shadow of the side that played us last season.
Munster are not the side of old and I don't see either them or Glasgow going much further....
When the draw for the CC was made Racing were the losing finalists having beaten us in the semis. Munster may not be, in your not so humble opinion, the side of old but they nilled us at Thomond Park as Glasgow beat us at home. As you are probably aware we play Glasgow at WR next week. I trust you will be there and afterwards you can opine with greater knowledge of whether Glasgow can go much further....or not.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Alas I won't be at WR next week (even the fans get injured sometimes) so have given my ticket away.

Whatever they do against us will not determine how good a side Glasgow are. Happy to be proven wrong but just don't see them troubling the likes of Sarries.

Tigers have conceded too many points against too many sides to be a yardstick that top sides can use.

My opinion perhaps.

The bookies have Glasgow at 35 to 1 so my opinion seems shared by many.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

biffer wrote:Well, that was hideous. No game plan, no coordination, very little commitment. Looked like they'd turned up on the morning of the game and met each other for the first time over lunch.
That's the question Biffer isn't it? It's basically the same group that performed well against Munster & Sarries at home and Wasps away and yet our 23 only looked like they were in hand-shake terms, if that
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

In addition to all the valid points about how terrible the officials were and how desperately bad most Tigers were, the embarrasssment levels were raised by all the unnecessary cheap shots (eg Dan Cole on Carter more than once). You're losing; surly, childish antics won't help.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Talk of the business model being the problem might be a difficult case to argue if we are paying up to the salary cap. If we don't have the cash for players and coaching staff then the business side of things might be a different matter. You can only spend what you have without putting the future at risk.

If those with business roles are influencing the playing side then it is a real concern.

How did we lose Dusty Hare?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

mol2 wrote:Talk of the business model being the problem might be a difficult case to argue if we are paying up to the salary cap. If we don't have the cash for players and coaching staff then the business side of things might be a different matter. You can only spend what you have without putting the future at risk.

If those with business roles are influencing the playing side then it is a real concern.

How did we lose Dusty Hare?
Someone really upset him - ask Geordan Murphy
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat