Munster v Leicester, Thomond Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BeeJ

Re: Munster v Leicester, Thomond Park

Post by BeeJ »

ourla wrote:Munster forum thinks the ref is in our favour as he's likely to be random. I can see where they are coming from.
I must disagree. I find M. Poite to be one of the most consistent referees out there. At least he knows how to adjudicate a scrum.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

L Smith wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:I think this approaching our best side with three exceptions, Veianu for Worth, and the props if fit it would be Ayerza and Cole and of course JP Petersen on the uing. Let's just hope everybody performs to their best.
That's 4 exceptions, Noddy :)
...5 with Mike Williams....and 6 with Matt Toomua...and 7 with Barrow... :smt003

3? 7? Depends if you're buying or selling!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

BeeJ wrote:
ourla wrote:Munster forum thinks the ref is in our favour as he's likely to be random. I can see where they are coming from.
I must disagree. I find M. Poite to be one of the most consistent referees out there. At least he knows how to adjudicate a scrum.
Agree with you BJ! If he penalises one side for something then he also penalises the other for the same offence. Unlike some others we could name. Also one of the few who seems to understand what's happening in the scrum rather then just guessing.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote:
L Smith wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:I think this approaching our best side with three exceptions, Veianu for Worth, and the props if fit it would be Ayerza and Cole and of course JP Petersen on the uing. Let's just hope everybody performs to their best.
That's 4 exceptions, Noddy :)
...5 with Mike Williams....and 6 with Matt Toomua...and 7 with Barrow... :smt003

3? 7? Depends if you're buying or selling!
At a loss to understand the omission of JPP from the 23. Surely (with no disrespect to the gentlemen concerned) he would be picked ahead of Brady and / or Roberts given his vast international experience. Maybe he's carrying a knock.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Just have a feeling we are keeping our powder dry to some extent, perhaps a perception that Munster are on too much of a high at the moment, and a LBP would be fine, with a 5 pointer aimed at the following week (i.e. points parity or better over the two legs). Am far more confident of top 4 in the AP, as I suspect the management are, esp Cockers who did target the AP this year.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I will be pleasantly surprised if we avoid a heavy defeat .Our away form is dreadful and we do not play with the intensity that Munster and leinster have shown .
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Worrying that no JPP, he was on bench last week and only had a few minutes, let's hope we have not bought another very expensive injury prone ex international who is beyond his sell by date :smt017
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

Lammy wrote:I like the look of the team but wouldn't be surprised to see a late withdrawal or two.

And there we have it. Don't expect Bateman to play much part today- he looked dreadful yesterday. If it wasn't for a rough injury list in the front row I doubt he'd be in the 23 at all.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Genge has been brought into the starting line up with Bateman dropping to the bench.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Worth was very committed there against CJ, nearly minced himself making the tackle.

Good turnover on the line by Locky, but poor defence to let them in.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Not sure who the Irish bloke who is commenting is, but he probably needs to see that there are two teams in the pitch not just Munster and that the other team is Leicester not leinster...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Being given a lesson in kicking out of hand - Freddy and YBY need to improve sharpish
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

How about passing the ball to Tuilagi? 27 mins not aware he's touched it.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Complete shambles so far, getting smashed at the break down, nil game plan, being out muscled which is a reoccurring theme against the big teams!!
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Being given a lesson in kicking out of hand - Freddy and YBY need to improve sharpish
YBY is a shadow of the player we've seen in white and Burns has just put us under massive pressure with a chip and chase which ended in a Slater yellow.

Need to wake up before the game gets too far away from us