Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Munster v Leicester, Thomond Park

Post by jgriffin »

Noggs wrote:
Iain wrote:Yeah, it wasn't good enough and there are no positives to take.

I do reject sensationalism though. The sky is not falling in, the coaches do not need to be unilaterally dismissed and we do have good players. There are problems - but none of them are getting fixed with a simple magic wand to dismiss the Director of Rugby. Moreover, I actually think that could be damaging.

Are the coaches deserving of some criticism at this point? Well of course. Do we know enough to know exactly who the problem is and that sacking them will resolve it? No, none of us do. It's all guesswork.
Could not agree more. :smt023
Yep, agree there. See my DOR post about the problems at Chiefs - we are not alone.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

I decided to let matters stew and ferment before posting. I did not wish to trigger a keyboard warrior kneejerk response.
Yes it hurts, as someone said earlier not the loss but the manner. I am sure the players will be hurting, embarrassed and possibly those seeking new contract negotiations financially disadvantaged.

Richard Cockerill said after a loss a few years ago, well at least no-one has died. Well in this case they have Axel Foley. The impact of this cannot be understated, Muster are looking to win this competition for him. I was concerned a few weeks ago when they demolished Glasgow, I was hoping that this effect would wane, but no. They play like a team demented with passion, intensity and accuracy. I have not seen another team this weekend that could have lived with that, (may not necessarily have been nilled though). They seem to be saving the best for this competition, the national side has also benefitted from this wave of emotion.

I look forward to the return game and am pleased to be at home today and not party to the review meeting down at Oval Park, I suspect that could be not a comfortable experience and quite rightly so. On Saturday, I expect to see a different team attitudinally playing with intensity and passion. If that doesn't happen and there is no reaction................that is another thread!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not sure if it was mentioned in any of the previous 14 pages but stat that stood out for me: they missed 2 tackles all match, we missed 18. Or one every 5 mins.... always going to be a bad day...
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

MrPartridge wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned in any of the previous 14 pages but stat that stood out for me: they missed 2 tackles all match, we missed 18. Or one every 5 mins.... always going to be a bad day...
Yes - a telling statistic.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

strawclearer wrote:
MrPartridge wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned in any of the previous 14 pages but stat that stood out for me: they missed 2 tackles all match, we missed 18. Or one every 5 mins.... always going to be a bad day...
Yes - a telling statistic.
I think teams are coming at Leicester with more fire than ever before when I look at 2016 results and recall the manner of some matches.
I really do believe that fateful evening down at the Allianz in January highlighted something to every opposing rugby tactician who is interested who possesses the players on hand to carry out a game plan.
No coincidence that Munster's recent increased level of passion and availability of players to carry out the job also told a similar story.
The missed tackles are a consequence of that IMO.