Post by sapajo »

What has happened to McGuigan?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Glasgow

Post by JackFlashJonny »

sapajo wrote:What has happened to McGuigan?

Yes I was thinking the same..he hasn't exactly shone in his performances but didn't do anything wrong either
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

That's a better looking side than Glasgows, going to be tough as the Scots hate losing to the English, even darts or pool in the pub. I'm told my "surprise" tickets have been delivered.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

At least it's the telly this week and not Bleddyn and Steve. I'm apprehensive enough without the need for antidepressants.

I hope we do well. A. LBP at least is required if we are serious about progressing.

Come on lads.....nice shove it up the jumper game. No mud though.

:smt051 :smt012
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Don't buy this LBP stuff. That won't be enough to see us out of this group IMHO. Looking at the teams we have more than enough to win up there. Time for the team to show their class.

Bookies have Glasgow 4/6, Tigers 5/4 with -2 point Glasgow on the handicap. Always hard to win on the road but this is a nasty group and tonight is probably our best chance of an away win.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

MrPartridge wrote:Don't buy this LBP stuff. That won't be enough to see us out of this group IMHO. Looking at the teams we have more than enough to win up there. Time for the team to show their class.
Indeed. To proceed in the competition you need to win a minimum of one away match. In this pool, without an obvious "weak" team, that has to be this match.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
MrPartridge wrote:Don't buy this LBP stuff. That won't be enough to see us out of this group IMHO. Looking at the teams we have more than enough to win up there. Time for the team to show their class.
Indeed. To proceed in the competition you need to win a minimum of one away match. In this pool, without an obvious "weak" team, that has to be this match.
I'd say Munster are a far better prospect at Thomand Park this year, than Glasgow in Scotstoun.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Roly wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:
I'd say Munster are a far better prospect at Thomand Park this year, than Glasgow in Scotstoun.
Possibly on paper and form, but I wouldn't want to write off a Munster team, particularly with the fact we won there last year. If hey want to beat anyone at Thomond Park, it'll be us!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

If we are to have any ambition in winning the Cup then winning away at Glasgow is a must for me.. I struggle to see how Glasgow would be a top four side in the Aviva so we should really want more than a losing bonus point if are to win the group. For me this is a far better winning opportunity than what playing Munster away will be even though we won in Limerick last year. I expect Racing to win in Glasgow. To win the group we need a win.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Tomvarndell wrote:If we are to have any ambition in winning the Cup then winning away at Glasgow is a must for me.. I struggle to see how Glasgow would be a top four side in the Aviva so we should really want more than a losing bonus point if are to win the group. For me this is a far better winning opportunity than what playing Munster away will be even though we won in Limerick last year. I expect Racing to win in Glasgow. To win the group we need a win.
I don't see the point in a statement like this. It isn't true, and it's the first game of the pool. No game is make or break at this point.

A win would be great of course, but it won't define us if we lose. Racing will find it a tough place to go themselves.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

This match is a MUST WIN to have any hope of getting to the Play Offs, given the mismatches in other Groups.
If Tigers cant beat Glasgow, then its a real battle to win every match from then on to keep up with the other Group leaders..
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

fortysix wrote:This match is a MUST WIN to have any hope of getting to the Play Offs, given the mismatches in other Groups.
If Tigers cant beat Glasgow, then its a real battle to win every match from then on to keep up with the other Group leaders..
No it isn't.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Law of averages dictates if we lose, then the Bookies will have us in the also rans as results would have to go our advantage from every aspect-our matches, other groups- to sneak a play off

Always a slight chance but portents not good.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

fortysix wrote:Law of averages dictates if we lose, then the Bookies will have us in the also rans as results would have to go our advantage from every aspect-our matches, other groups- to sneak a play off

Always a slight chance but portents not good.
I doubt the bookies will react much to two home wins in our group unless one side gets blasted. What we know is that in the ERC home advantage is more influential than normal for a variety of reasons. Away wins are a precious commodity but getting one somewhere is a necessity these days. Tonight is an opportunity to get one on the board. But it's not a sh*t or bust game for sure.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Iain wrote:
fortysix wrote:This match is a MUST WIN to have any hope of getting to the Play Offs, given the mismatches in other Groups.
No it isn't.
Yes it is. We are either a team worthy of competing at the top in Europe or we are one who worries about an away game to an under strength pro 12 side.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina