Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by ABClub »

Falcons fans seem convinced that Flood will be confirmed at a club dinner tonight. It's a great coup for Falcons and a good move for Toby as well. He'll get to work with a talented back line and be one of the squad leaders there.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote:
I had read that his contract with Toulouse expires at the end of this season, but I've now read that he has another year.
If however, this rumour turns out to be true, then it'll be a good move for him and for Newcastle as the Falcons appear no longer to be perennial candidates for relegation.
Toby's contract is until June 2018 but I understand that Toulouse would be prepared to release him earlier if he wishes to move club.[/quote]

Toby Flood has quit fallen French Top 14 giants Toulouse by mutual agreement, the club said on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old had a year left on his contract but "will not see out his final season with the club" which he joined in 2014.[/quote]

He has indeed played his last game for Toulouse for whom he never hit the heights expected of him, and in my opinion, through no fault of his own, as the team was chopped and changed a lot through injuries and I don't believe that club coach Mola and backs coach Elissalde (who has also quit the club) got the most out of him. He was probably the best place kicker in the club (5/6 against Bayonne on Saturday) but was greatly underused.
So if he goes to Newcastle, as the jungle telegraph is telling us, he could play against Toulouse in next season's Challenge Cup, and I for one would definitely go the the match in Toulouse!
Bonne chance, Toby!
Last edited by Robespierre on Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
maire88
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maire88 »

Toby Flood has signed for Falcons- just had an email from them confirming.
Formerly hww27
Proud to have been the Tom Youngs Fan Club since 2010
Rhinos rule :smt002 :smt050
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Geoff Parling will leave Exeter Chiefs in the summer to join an unnamed club in Japan.

The 33-year-old, who has 29 England caps, is out of contract at the end of the season and has agreed a short-term deal with a Japanese Top League side.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

strawclearer wrote:Geoff Parling will leave Exeter Chiefs in the summer to join an unnamed club in Japan.

The 33-year-old, who has 29 England caps, is out of contract at the end of the season and has agreed a short-term deal with a Japanese Top League side.
Good for him. He'll enjoy the surfing out there and earn a nice little pension for the end of his career. An interesting challenge and experience for him I'm sure.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

More rumours coming out of France today that Picamoles has been signed / is about to be signed / has signed a pre-contract (whatever that is!) with Montpelier. Of course, it may just be Altrad doing what Altrad does best and, not surprisingly, is contradicted by statements from Stains.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

strawclearer wrote:More rumours coming out of France today that Picamoles has been signed / is about to be signed / has signed a pre-contract (whatever that is!) with Montpelier. Of course, it may just be Altrad doing what Altrad does best and, not surprisingly, is contradicted by statements from Stains.
Spoke to a very high ranking member of Stains medical staff (no-one higher)today who confirmed that he has gone and will really be missed
Hehehehehehehehe
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

That is a huge loss for them...he is one of the best 8's in the world and without him they would of been so much worse last season

Whilst sad to not see him in the AP anymore at least I can stop being jealous now..the difference a Picamoles can make to a team is phenomenal..interesting to see who they spend the money on
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

trendylfj wrote:
strawclearer wrote:More rumours coming out of France today that Picamoles has been signed / is about to be signed / has signed a pre-contract (whatever that is!) with Montpelier. Of course, it may just be Altrad doing what Altrad does best and, not surprisingly, is contradicted by statements from Stains.
Spoke to a very high ranking member of Stains medical staff (no-one higher)today who confirmed that he has gone and will really be missed
The Telegraph report attached. He was the best Saints player by miles and his departure irrespective of compensation will dent Mallingerer and West's hopes for next season. :- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... ct-rejoin/
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

wormus wrote:
trendylfj wrote:
The Telegraph report attached. He was the best Saints player by miles and his departure irrespective of compensation will dent Mallingerer and West's hopes for next season. :- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... ct-rejoin/
Austin's view on the same subject in the same paper:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... al-threat/
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There's 2 sides to every story, could it just be that Picamoles has a change of heart and doesn't want to stay in Northampton? Why should a rugby player not be allowed to change his mind, or do we want another situation where we had a player buy himself out of his contract like Castrogiavanni did?
There's has to be some sort of control measures and I guess some sort of compensation to be paid, but if a person wants to leave a job, then how can you say no?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

tigerburnie wrote:There's 2 sides to every story, could it just be that Picamoles has a change of heart and doesn't want to stay in Northampton? Why should a rugby player not be allowed to change his mind, or do we want another situation where we had a player buy himself out of his contract like Castrogiavanni did?
There's has to be some sort of control measures and I guess some sort of compensation to be paid, but if a person wants to leave a job, then how can you say no?
Mallinder seems to have said there is no exit or release clause. I find this diificult to believe if lawyers had anything to do with the contract as it is a major blatant flaw, especially from Northampton's point of view.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Wasps sign Juan De Jongh from the Stormers..

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/wasps-c ... h-signing/

Never seem him play that much anyone know if he is good surely must be if he has played for the Boks..?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Wasps sign Juan De Jongh from the Stormers..

Never seem him play that much anyone know if he is good surely must be if he has played for the Boks..?
He's a good player, although to my knowledge he is purely a 13 so he doesn't replace the utility of Beale nor do I think he can change the game like Beale, does this mean Daly is going to switch to 15 to make room?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

kpj tiger wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Wasps sign Juan De Jongh from the Stormers..

He's a good player, although to my knowledge he is purely a 13 so he doesn't replace the utility of Beale nor do I think he can change the game like Beale, does this mean Daly is going to switch to 15 to make room?
Yes interesting thought KPJ, especially as Jones seems to think Daly would make a great 15..with Rob Miller though I think it is more centre cover as Kyle Eastmond is off along with Leuia + Beale...3 centre options gone albeit mostly at 12