Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

banchang

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote: They haven't hurt anyone or haven't caused criminal damage. .
If you were coming to the end of an 8 hour shift at minimum wage in McD's & this happened you would think very differently.

Or perhaps not.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

No I wouldn't. I would think exactly the same. How could I think they had caused criminal damage or hurt anyone when they haven't?

That makes no sense whatsoever!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

fentiger wrote:Says here that players have been disciplined: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... following/
I don't believe anything written in the Labourgraph nowadays. Particularly because although they may have got Hamilton correctly attributed in the photo, the meaty right forearm, taping and a partially-obscured number 2 on the back would lead me to think that TY was the leg-tackler.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

banchang wrote:
ellis9 wrote: They haven't hurt anyone or haven't caused criminal damage. .
If you were coming to the end of an 8 hour shift at minimum wage in McD's & this happened you would think very differently.

Or perhaps not.
MW in Treviso? What has Corbyn got to say about that?
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

TomWeston wrote: I don't believe anything written in the Labourgraph nowadays.
Labourgraph? Please tell me you're joking. There is no way on this planet the Daily Telegraph could be construed as a Labour-leaning publication.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

You clearly haven't read it much lately.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The Boy Dave wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Hissy fit, TBD. I was merely drawing attention to your hyperbolic statement about abandoning what you paint as your chosen club over a minor incident. I have always assumed you are a dedicated fan.
Hissy fit is about right, I'd accept that to be fair.
It's not exactly life changing is it but it's a very low level example of behaviour to set, especially to the kids!
Dedicated, to be honest I have not really enjoyed the past couple of seasons anyway, jumped up prima donnas more and more, although not all to be fair.
I think I'll stick to some amateur rugby, get a season ticket for what I normally spend in one match and take that for what it really is instead of kidding myself that I'm following a pro side.
Great group of players looking on paper to be fair but I'm not surprised that they continue to fall short!
:smt039
Fair play. :smt038
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BeeJ wrote:
TomWeston wrote: I don't believe anything written in the Labourgraph nowadays.
Labourgraph? Please tell me you're joking. There is no way on this planet the Daily Telegraph could be construed as a Labour-leaning publication.
We are now officially in an alternative universe. :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:No I wouldn't. I would think exactly the same. How could I think they had caused criminal damage or hurt anyone when they haven't?

That makes no sense whatsoever!
You would think that staff haven't been impacted in any way by this ?

My son works in retail & the odd time when things like this happen (& perpetrators in his case are not normally 100kg drink fuelled musclemen at 4am) the staff are generally traumatised. Or are you only referring to physical hurt ?

Why do you think they called the police ?

If you don't mind me saying, you are looking at this a little one-eyed.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I said no one has been hurt and there was no criminal damage. You said I'd say different if I worked there. No I wouldn't as that would be a lie. I wouldn't have been hurt and I couldn't prove there was any damage as there wasn't any. No one was threatened and they would have called the police as the staff probably thought that the food wasn't going to be paid for but it was eventually.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ellis9 wrote:I said no one has been hurt
Please clarify your assumption as even you could not possibly know the emotional impact on the recipients?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:I said no one has been hurt and there was no criminal damage. You said I'd say different if I worked there. No I wouldn't as that would be a lie. I wouldn't have been hurt and I couldn't prove there was any damage as there wasn't any. No one was threatened and they would have called the police as the staff probably thought that the food wasn't going to be paid for but it was eventually.

You just don't get it.

I'm not talking about you - it's the impact on the staff I'm talking about. I've no doubt you wouldn't have been hurt as you're a big strong boy who also has nerves of steel & wouldn't be impacted in the slightest bit by an incident like this.

You say no-one was hurt, but I'm saying that when in retail, the counter/personal space is invaded it is traumatising, as staff don't know what is going to go down. At minimum wage dealing with an incident like this is also far more than what they are paid to manage.

Do you think staff were not impacted in any way by this unwanted experience ?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Sapajo no one was hurt as the newspaper would definitely have added that. My whole point is that people are saying Tigers players acted like thugs and bullies etc but I'm saying they've just made a mistake which they have been disciplined for. Yes it's not ideal but things could have been a lot worse.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Surely the main point is that as usual Tigers are saying nothing, telling us nothing etc.....

They should make a proper statement with all the facts clarified, and we would no longer need this speculation.

Embarrassing situations are usually better when dealt with head on, not "swept under the table".
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Why would a statement be made? For those of you who haven't heard anything about what has happened, we are releasing a statement which will mean even more people will know what's happened.

The incident has happened, the players have been spoken to and everyone moves on. No more needs to be said by the club.