Kit Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Kit Watch

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Nice kits. Advertising makes them look messy but is part and parcel of the game, so there's not much point complaining.

On a serious note: I hope the shop photos are prototypes, as the mens' classic shirts have the sleeves the wrong way up, with the red above the white stripe. The others are fine.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Snorbins wrote:Having seen the 7's they don't seem to be form fitting. That said maybe the young sevens still need to grow into them.
Good. For some of us, as we get older, the chest/waist measurements listed are upside down.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I like the traditional look of the home kit. The away version is a tad scary...........for an old man. Yellow? I'd look more like a hot air balloon in that...........yeah yeah, "Big Dai, you've been full of hot air for years."

Might go for the classic jersey....as befits an older statesman.

Whatever the colours, just looking forward to season start now. Had a guts full of wendyball, cricket and golf!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Don't worry Dai, the Olympics could tide you through to the new season.
New Improved Olympics, now contains Rugby !

Naughty thought here :
New Improved Olympics, now contains less Russians.
Discuss.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Big Dai wrote: "Big Dai, you've been full of hot air for years."
Might go for the classic jersey....as befits an older statesman.
Whatever the colours, just looking forward to season start now. Had a guts full of wendyball, cricket and golf!
Not to mention the Cymanfa Ganu at Abergavenny tonight then Big Dai !!
I bet you really will be looking forward to the new season after that :smt045
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36928434
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

To my taste the home design is excellent - good trad stuff; however, the change/away strip is truly bilious - horrid/nasty and various other epithets spring to mind. I suppose a strip that makes the opposition nauseous has its advantages!

Still these things are, of course, to personal taste and some people are bound to like the away strip. I'll be interested to see the levels of discount on standard sizes at the end of the season which is always a good indication of popularity. I can't see the away design being wildly popular.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

The 'away' kit is listed as an alternative kit, I would guess this may be used on very few occasions, it is unlikely that there will be many kit clashes, last season the home kit was worn away more often than not. If I were a betting man, I would guess this may only see the light of day once or twice to justify its existence.
The home kit looks great, the shirt particularly, not over keen on the red edging on the shorts, but overall will be happy to purchase the shirt, best one for a few years (since the last cotton trader one).
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

grobyman wrote:... , last season the home kit was worn away more often than not. If I were a betting man, I would guess this may only see the light of day once or twice to justify its existence. ...
Good point - whilst I didn't think the home kit design last season was the best it was certainly 'OK' ( I bought one) and as it had a lot of white is was worn on most occasions even when the TV commentators remarked on its similarity to the home team's kit (notably at Saints).
amber

Post by amber »

The new kit is great and the traditionalists out there will love it. When the price comes down after Christmas I will probably buy it, however after looking at the Stade website their shirts are stunning, why can't we have a subtle tigers head superimposed on the shirt. I am well aware that most of you out there will be outraged at this suggestion but it would be a bit of fun and a total change and may appeal to younger fans
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

amber wrote:The new kit is great and the traditionalists out there will love it. When the price comes down after Christmas I will probably buy it, however after looking at the Stade website their shirts are stunning, why can't we have a subtle tigers head superimposed on the shirt. I am well aware that most of you out there will be outraged at this suggestion but it would be a bit of fun and a total change and may appeal to younger fans
Actually I'm always surprised by just how conservative many of the much younger fans are - the main buyers of the more 'unorthodox' styles seem to be the mid 30s - mid 40s group. Obviously this is a generalisation and wrong in detail!

Of course what the club are doing (or should be) is targeting those most likely to spend and it seems to me there are two or three distinct purchasing groups who need to be catered for. Those who, like me, only ever buy replica shirts and have no interest in other ranges, but do so regularly; those who buy their entire wardrobe from Tigers; occasional buyers; etc etc.

I for one, for instance, wouldn't go for a shirt as described above but if it'll sell I don't see why Tigers shouldn't try it.

As I said in a previous post it is the discounting of the popular sizes (not the extremes) which is the real proof of successful enterprise.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

No mention as to what the traditional shirt is made from - I'm presuming some horrible synthetic material rather than a truly traditional and more comfortable cotton.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Nice kits. Advertising makes them look messy but is part and parcel of the game, so there's not much point complaining.
As the Club's announcements of shirt sponsors kept growing during the week before kit launch, I was quite fearful. But in the circumstances I think they've done pretty well in minimising the impact, especially the front. Some - Glaws comes to mind - are just an advertising hoarding.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

And no 'bum banners' :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Has anyone bought this yet? Is it as cheaply made as it looks and is the classic home made well or is this again another huge Kooga fail?

Canterbury really do a great job with the Bath stuff pity we let them do :censored: awful designs for us instead of good traditional stuff like Bath seem to have got them doing...very jealous of all their kit if only they made Tigers shirts and kit like that :smt010 :smt009 :smt017
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Has anyone bought this yet? Is it as cheaply made as it looks and is the classic home made well or is this again another huge Kooga fail?

Canterbury really do a great job with the Bath stuff pity we let them do :censored: awful designs for us instead of good traditional stuff like Bath seem to have got them doing...very jealous of all their kit if only they made Tigers shirts and kit like that :smt010 :smt009 :smt017
Not bought it, because upon inspection I think the quality is not commensurate with the asking price :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity