Development Squad

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Development Squad

Post by The Boy Dave »

With mMauger it is not just about you playing ability but your attitude. Do you have the right ethos. Remember he was part of a group that changed the Mindset of the All Blacks that set them on a course for 2 world cup wins back to back.

If such a drastic clear out has occurred, then maybe it is about saying, look you guys are just not made of the right stuff to be a Tiger and we are going to start afresh with a new group of youngsters and start at the bottom and work up.

If that is the case I'm all for it. I have thought for some time that our back up players and emerging youngsters were just not good enough. 1 under 20 England player whilst Sarries have about 5 says it all.
Not sure how being an international age grade player can say it all when many in the rumoured clear out are age grade internationals themselves.
Cheery chappy
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Development Squad

Post by RagingBull »

Mersey Tiger wrote:Is it me, or has it gone quiet on which Development (and Academy) players are being retained and which are being released?

I know that some have definitely departed (e.g. Umaga) but given the original post to this thread, I would have anticipated a general club announcement by now. After all, any players being released will need time to seek fresh opportunities, and I do not believe that the club would be so unkind as to "lead them on" and then release them when it is too late for them to contact other clubs. (No doubt the club would actively support such players to find new clubs anyway).

News and even rumours are welcomed!
Do Tiger announce a list of players being released and moved up usually? We tend to let the other clubs announce players who are joining them.

So far confirmed off
Odogwu ---> Sale Development Squad
Beckett ---> Glous Development Squad
Tresidder -> Rotherham Titans
Povoas ----> Coventry
kpj tiger wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Wonder if Milne is classed as a development player or since he is on loan maybe not? Would be nice to bring him up from Rosslyn next season.
Did he play for Leicester at all this season? I was pretty impressed with the little I saw of him tbf, particularly the Sale LV cup game
Played in the final A league game and in preseason.

Players will have known for some time as well now.