Flags for Seru and #standupforSeru14

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Flags for Seru and #standupforSeru14

Post by Iain »

Please excuse me starting a new thread, just thought more people would see it this way.

An idea that's growing a bit of momentum on the Facebook group is to hold up Fijian flags as a visual tribute during the minute's applause for Seru Rabeni before the game on Sunday. I got mine from eBay, only cost me a fiver. Plenty of places to get one for very little money on Amazon or eBay too.

Please feel free to buy a flag and join the tribute.
Tigerbeat

Re: Flags for Seru

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Already bought!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wolftiger

Post by Wolftiger »

Great idea. Unfortunately will be on our way back from Paris but will send my flag with a friend to hold up during the minute tribute.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Ordered and all being well will be here for Sunday.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Just in case anyone is struggling to find it in the link that Tigerbeat posted, it comes under Australia and New Zealand.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Just had an email from eBay confirming mine is ready to collect at my local Argos :smt023

Anyone got any thoughts on what we could do with them afterwards? I mean I could give it to my little daughter to play with, but perhaps there'll be part of the ground where tributes could be left after the game?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Iain wrote:Just had an email from eBay confirming mine is ready to collect at my local Argos :smt023

Anyone got any thoughts on what we could do with them afterwards? I mean I could give it to my little daughter to play with, but perhaps there'll be part of the ground where tributes could be left after the game?
I was going to furl mine and leave it wherever there were flowers etc.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
joeybside
Tiger Cub

#standupforSeru14

Post by joeybside »

As well as the pre-game tribute from the club, and the excellent idea of "Flags for Seru", can I ask for your support for #standupforSeru14.

During this Sunday's game, on 14 minutes, in recognition of the 14 jersey worn in the 2007 Premiership Final, of which he played an integral part in the clubs success that season, I think it would a great tribute from the fans who loved him dear to have a minutes applause, noise, songs and reflection of our fallen warrior taken far too young from us.

Alofa Atu Seru

Thanks for your support
LEICESTER TIGERS ULTRAS

FB: Leicester Tigers Ultras

Twitter @tigersultras
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Flags for Seru and #standupforSeru14

Post by rocktop51 »

Would also like to see some of his highlights on the Big Screen shown before the game and at half time :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
joeybside
Tiger Cub

Post by joeybside »

rocktop51 wrote:Would also like to see some of his highlights on the Big Screen shown before the game and at half time :smt023
I've spoke to the club this morning and a highlights reel will be shown during the clubs tribute pre-game.

Apologies if this is on another thread but i've been advised that there has been a just giving fund raising page set up in his honour to raise money for his family. My desktop is playing a little atm but I believe that this is the link

http://www.justgiving.com/yimby/shaun-gibson
LEICESTER TIGERS ULTRAS

FB: Leicester Tigers Ultras

Twitter @tigersultras
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Will Flags for Seru be available from the shop on Match day as I have difficulty in getting one before then?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Will Flags for Seru be available from the shop on Match day as I have difficulty in getting one before then?
I doubt it.

Check on the link posted by Tigerbeat, or else search on Amazon. If you're quick you might get lucky with delivery dates.
Donny
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Donny »

Noddy555 wrote:Will Flags for Seru be available from the shop on Match day as I have difficulty in getting one before then?
Try the flag shop in Chesterfield https://www.theflagshop.co.uk/ . They can guarantee next day delivery.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The flag I ordered on Tuesday from the link in my earlier post arrived today. They do offer a next day delivery service.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk