God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Grumpy of Crumbie

Re: Stupid kick off time

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

City at 12.45
Tigers at 15.00
England at 16.50

Perfect!

Divorce sometime after 7pm unless I can stay awake to watch The Voice together!! Good luck with that!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I wouldn't class standing in the bar watching the TV that's high as comfortable. As I said earlier, I either watch games at home on TV or from my seat in the stand.

I still believe this game would be kicking off at 2pm if others hasn't been moaning year after year! I am being advised by some of you to change my usual plan of turning up, watching the match and then go home, to instead stay after the Tigers game to watch England or record the England match. I will do the latter.

Perhaps some should take their own advice of putting yourself out instead of moaning when other fixtures are moved.
chris11
Tiger Cub

Post by chris11 »

One lesson to be learned from this discussion - don't become a professional sports club CEO if you want to please everyone. However, although the £££ bottom line will obviously always be a factor, I'd prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume all things being equal they will aim to keep the majority happy (and therefore more likely to keep on coming). Of the 20k+ who attend WR regularly - and particularly the 14k season ticket holders - an overwhelming majority would prefer as many games as possible to be at 3pm on a Saturday. The majority might be reduced if it clashes with a 6N game....although I suspect many, like me, would still put Tigers first.

I will admit that I'll watch international rugby on TV if I have nothing better to do (however, I've set this Saturday evening aside for deworming the guinea pigs and watching some paint dry, so I'll miss out on the Calcutta bash).
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

chris11 wrote:I will admit that I'll watch international rugby on TV if I have nothing better to do (however, I've set this Saturday evening aside for deworming the guinea pigs and watching some paint dry, so I'll miss out on the Calcutta bash).
Sounds good, need a hand? Oh, and welcome to the forum. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I don't think many more will stay on after the match than the normal drinkers, as the International is on terrestrial tv, so almost everyone will be able to record it for when they get home, unlike Sky or BT when less folk have those channels.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

As said, you can please some of the people some of the time......

In this day and age the technology is there to watch what you want on the TV when you want to watch it and providing you stay off the sports on the radio on the way home I don't see what the problem is. I will watch the England international 'as live' when I get home as I suspect will most of those attending the Sale game.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

It is clearly a stupid time to kick off, Friday night or Sunday evening would be so much better for ME as I am at Murrayfield on Saturday. Why doesn't the world revolve around ME!!!!!!!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It would if you'd stand still long enough :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
chris11
Tiger Cub

Post by chris11 »

Sounds good, need a hand? Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the welcome. I've been reading as a guest for a while, and having found it to be almost entirely populated by intelligent and polite people (unlike 99% of social media sites) have decided to take the plunge!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

chris11 wrote:One lesson to be learned from this discussion - don't become a professional sports club CEO if you want to please everyone. However, although the £££ bottom line will obviously always be a factor, I'd prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume all things being equal they will aim to keep the majority happy (and therefore more likely to keep on coming). Of the 20k+ who attend WR regularly - and particularly the 14k season ticket holders - an overwhelming majority would prefer as many games as possible to be at 3pm on a Saturday. The majority might be reduced if it clashes with a 6N game....although I suspect many, like me, would still put Tigers first.

I will admit that I'll watch international rugby on TV if I have nothing better to do (however, I've set this Saturday evening aside for deworming the guinea pigs and watching some paint dry, so I'll miss out on the Calcutta bash).
I simply cannot understand this mindset from a rugby fan. But hey, each to their own.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Personally, I'd prefer a 2 o'clock in this instance.

I've always enjoyed the 5-6 nations. It's a highlight of the Spring and has been since I watched as a kid with my dad and brother, then being able to go to Murrayfield as a student and see Beaumont win the first England Grand Slam in donkeys, and watching at home on tv with my daughter. Can't for the life of me think of a time when I wouldn't enjoy it. But I do like to see games on tv "live", as I feel that I can influence events if I shout loud enough! Recorded is just not the same, so each time we get this sort of problem I consider not going to WR. Yes, I could watch in the bar after the game, but I'd need a drink to hold and and I don't like what's on offer. If the club had shifted ko to 2, I'd be happy, but we all knew that wouldn't happen.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

The ultimate is to listen to Tigers on the computer and watch the 6 Nations live.

This involves no cost and no energy.

Being a season ticket holder for 20 years is now but a dream which I am reminded of by my tigers fleece, tigers shoe laces, various tigers shirts, clement scarf and so on. Still tickets and hotel booked for Lyons.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Interesting to see there are still tickets available for the Sale game. I was expecting a sell out as it's a Saturday 3pm kick off! All those moaners are turning up aren't they?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Iain wrote:
chris11 wrote:One lesson to be learned from this discussion - don't become a professional sports club CEO if you want to please everyone. However, although the £££ bottom line will obviously always be a factor, I'd prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume all things being equal they will aim to keep the majority happy (and therefore more likely to keep on coming). Of the 20k+ who attend WR regularly - and particularly the 14k season ticket holders - an overwhelming majority would prefer as many games as possible to be at 3pm on a Saturday. The majority might be reduced if it clashes with a 6N game....although I suspect many, like me, would still put Tigers first.

I simply cannot understand this mindset from a rugby fan. But hey, each to their own.
+1 how can any England or Scotland fan not be excited about this game?!
Soggypitch