Gouging

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Super User
Super User

Re: Gouging

Post by 4071 »

Ads677 wrote:Fascinating responses on the france bleu website https://www.francebleu.fr/sports/rugby/ ... 1453891022

And I'm sure that Pat Barriscale (presiding) will be delighted to be viewed as part of the British hegemony!
So they are complaining about inconsistency by pointing out that the gouging by French players received a larger ban than the punching by an English player, ignoring the very obvious point that gouging and punching have different tariffs.

The suspensions received by the French players are roughly in line with the suspension issued to England winger Chris Ashton just last week for the same offence.

Sounds fairly consistent to me.

Mind you, if Ashton's appeal is upheld, then they may have a point. And I'd be interested in seeing the transcripts of the hearings as there have been some shockers previously (Tincu's ban a few years ago based purely on inconsistent (and at times demonstrably wrong) testimony from opposition players.

If the evidence against Sempere really is just Ayerza's word and some scratches around the eye (props faces pick up a lot of damage during a game, not all of it malicious) then that would be concerning.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

4071 wrote:
Ads677 wrote:Fascinating responses on the france bleu website https://www.francebleu.fr/sports/rugby/ ... 1453891022

And I'm sure that Pat Barriscale (presiding) will be delighted to be viewed as part of the British hegemony!
So they are complaining about inconsistency by pointing out that the gouging by French players received a larger ban than the punching by an English player, ignoring the very obvious point that gouging and punching have different tariffs.

The suspensions received by the French players are roughly in line with the suspension issued to England winger Chris Ashton just last week for the same offence.

Mind you, if Ashton's appeal is upheld, then they may have a point. And I'd be interested in seeing the transcripts of the hearings as there have been some shockers previously (Tincu's ban a few years ago based purely on inconsistent (and at times demonstrably wrong) testimony from opposition players.
ERC Transcript :- http://www.epcrugby.com/news/32495.php#.VqnlroiLTy1
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

wormus wrote:
4071 wrote:

ERC Transcript :- http://www.epcrugby.com/news/32495.php#.VqnlroiLTy1
That isn't the transcript. That is merely a summary of findings. the full transcript will detail the evidence provided and conversations had in the meeting. They are often very interesting reading.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

4071 wrote:

If the evidence against Sempere really is just Ayerza's word and some scratches around the eye (props faces pick up a lot of damage during a game, not all of it malicious) then that would be concerning.
4071 you sum up my woolly arguments. Thank you. Now let the game prevail for Pete's sake ! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

A ban for gouging against Munster and two bans for gouging against us... well I guess it COULD be a coincidence...

I have to say, the response of a number of Stade fans on this and other social media outlets has been rather one of head in the sand denial. Pity that.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Iain wrote:A ban for gouging against Munster and two bans for gouging against us... well I guess it COULD be a coincidence...

I have to say, the response of a number of Stade fans on this and other social media outlets has been rather one of head in the sand denial. Pity that.
Free our comrades is our cry! :smt027 Our combat will continue until our revolutionary flag flies high above every ground in Great Britain and Ireland! :smt026
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well that little Corsican scrum half type chap has tried that already, how did that go?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

G.K wrote:Well that little Corsican scrum half type chap has tried that already, how did that go?
Splendid! And according to plan! Foul weather in Russia, well these forecast chaps are always wrong! :smt003
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

En accord avec le club, Paul Gabrillagues et Laurent Sempéré ont décidé de ne pas faire appel de la sanction qui leur a été infligée par la Commission de discipline de l'EPCR.
Le Président Thomas Savare a cependant tenu à adresser un courrier à son homologue de l'EPCR, Simon Halliday. En rappelant les faits survenus lors du match contre le Munster (9 janvier) au cours duquel Laurent Sempéré a subi un plaquage dangereux de Mark Chisholm, puis dans celui face aux Leicester Tigers (24 janvier) lors duquel Rabah Slimani a été victime d'un coup de poing délibéré et d'une fourchette de Tom Youngs, il demande à ce que la plus juste équité ait lieu dans le jugement et les prises de décision de la Commission, sans tenir compte du pays d'origine du club concerné.

In full agreement with the club, Paul "the angel" Gabrillagues and Laurent "the unsung martyr" Sempéré have decided NOT to appeal the unfair, unjust, unbalanced sanctions that were imposed upon them by the cynical disciplinary committee of the wobbly EPCR.

Président Thomas "Sugar Daddy" Savare still insisted upon sending a firm letter to his colleague at the EPCR Simon "the English Hegemonist" Halliday. Evoking dire facts that happened during a 9th of January match against Munster, during which poor Laurent "Your sister is not as nice" Sempéré was the victim of a cynical spear tackle by Mark "the Chechen" Chisholm and also evoking the Tigers encounter when Rabah "Balooh" Slimano received a punch AND a gouge by Tom "the relentless criminal" Youngs, Mr Savare asks for justice to be more balanced, and the not to judge books on their cover.

My translation ! :smt003
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

:smt038