Gouging

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gouging

Post by TomWeston »

Big Dai wrote:French and eye gouging..............goes together like peaches and cream, Laurel and Hardy, Beef and horseradish. even Remy, Ze Stade fan wrote about it in a very matter of fact way once I recall.

Once again the wind up merchants, bag snatchers and cheapshots get their man, The refs do nothing except examine a few dodgy passes. I thought the TMO was there to sort these cretins out! Him harder next time, Tom. They may get a long ban...............but the game has already suffered.
:smt023
Kjay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Kjay »

As both Marcos and Dan both complained to the Ref immediately after the incident the question has to be asked why Clancey didn't ask the TMO to check for any foul play. Or even the TMO take it upon himself to have a look.
Surely he can ask to look at any footage even if the TV broadcasters are reluctant to show it?
If dealt with during the match the team transgressed against benefits and there will still be a hearing to address the length of ban required.
Are the Officials just copping out in leaving it to the citing Officer?
NantionalFrog

Post by NantionalFrog »

So Gabrillagues cited, no scandal, IMO reckless at most and accidental otherwise, but you can discuss the matter, and Ashton verdict can stand (with appeal outcome as well on the other hand)

Sempere cited on the basis of a complain of Ayerza, no evidence at all, but you can bet he is gonna get 25 weeks without any single beginning of proof. So that's the kind of what you call "justice"? Basically you just have to complain and adverse players get heavy bans. Cool

Top is Youngs being cited for punching: he gouged, maybe in retaliation but clearly did it, here there is a conclusive video footage and clear picture. The punch shouldn't even be cited and will engender a one week ban at most, righlty so, but you hide the citing of Sempere this way and try to show a "balance" of things. Pure scandal.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/80964 ... oungs3.jpg
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

NantionalFrog wrote:So Gabrillagues cited, no scandal, IMO reckless at most and accidental otherwise, but you can discuss the matter, and Ashton verdict can stand (with appeal outcome as well on the other hand)

Sempere cited on the basis of a complain of Ayerza, no evidence at all, but you can bet he is gonna get 25 weeks without any single beginning of proof. So that's the kind of what you call "justice"? Basically you just have to complain and adverse players get heavy bans. Cool

Top is Youngs being cited for punching: he gouged, maybe in retaliation but clearly did it, here there is a conclusive video footage and clear picture. The punch shouldn't even be cited and will engender a one week ban at most, righlty so, but you hide the citing of Sempere this way and try to show a "balance" of things. Pure scandal.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/80964 ... oungs3.jpg

Unless the SF player has his eyes just below his nostril the picture shows nothing. Maybe there is a special camera that can see through legs but in the absence of that no evidence. By the way might be better not to name the clip after Ben Youngs.... Translated as gougingBenYoungs is not very nice and nearly as wide of the mark as gougingTomYoungs.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Kjay wrote:As both Marcos and Dan both complained to the Ref immediately after the incident the question has to be asked why Clancey didn't ask the TMO to check for any foul play. Or even the TMO take it upon himself to have a look.
Surely he can ask to look at any footage even if the TV broadcasters are reluctant to show it?
If dealt with during the match the team transgressed against benefits and there will still be a hearing to address the length of ban required.
This :smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Noggs wrote:Can't understand the Maselino Paulino citing. I always thought you got a bonus point for hitting Courtney Lawes :smt003
Not sure how Lawes escaped getting a yellow card sanction for his return no-arm tackle.

Couldn't believe the ref failed to yellow him at the time
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

L Smith wrote:
Kjay wrote:As both Marcos and Dan both complained to the Ref immediately after the incident the question has to be asked why Clancey didn't ask the TMO to check for any foul play. Or even the TMO take it upon himself to have a look.
This :smt023
I don't recall the conversation being picked up on the Ref's microphone. Did they definitely mention it at the time? I can't help but think there will have been a reason why it didn't go straight upstairs.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

No it was not audible on the Ref's mic, but Marcos was clearly seen on the Tv coverage gesticulating to Clancy using his two index fingers pointing to his eyes that contact had been made with them.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Hm. Er. I have to express my perplexity here.

What evidence is being brought to condemn my compatriots? So far I have seen one still picture which wouldn't stand long in front of a court (as in civil justice).

Other than this are the evidence brought by Marco Ayerza and Dan Cole. These are the other party, a party we will play in a few weeks, they cannot be counted as evidence, can they?

I also read lots of posts of this forum, saying that if they are French they must be guilty. Let's see in detail. I don't want to sound biased being French meself and proudly so, but French rugby was terribly violent in a near past. Jacques Verdier, an editor of the only rugby paper in France admits to this in his nostalgic books. At University level, I have seen my beloved Sciences Po team doing things that would bring you to jail if done outside the pitch. If you want to see how it was in fact, youtube "quart de finale 1991 - Toulon Bordeaux-Bègles" the video is kinda blurred but you have a sample of how it was.

I talked to the elders of the old gang that gathers at training sessions this week and they admitted it, but immediately added: those things were sorted out amongst men. I.e.: such shameful acts as gouging would probably send you home on a stretcher. Ondarts, Imbernon, Garruet and th elikes never called in for a commissioner.

But you also have to acknowledged that, at professional level, this has virtually disappeared. Laporte (a sane man now lost to madness) used to shout "no fouls" in the dressing room and that was heard. Professional era changed the behaviours : you don't play for your village anymore, this is heard in stadiae every weekend.

And the French consider as hypocrisy or worse to cite someone without video evidence. Such was the Attoub case : one blown-up picture leading to a 72-week ban. Cueto : 8 weeks, with a visible finger-in-eye offence.

Other strange thing to a Frenchman, once cited you have no choice but to plead guilty. Granted that you can't prove a negative, what choice have you left?

Anyway, I hope Paul, a good kid by all possible recognition - he was born in Paris - gets a minor sentence for something that was probably done without even knowing. I hope Sempéré gets nothing at all because I made meself sick watching the game time and again and no, there is not a single proof of Sempéré's misdoing.

Now let's play this quarter final, I hope I'll make enough money to come to the magnificent Welford Rd Stadium and may the best team that day win ! :smt041
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Your scenario suggests that Dan and Tom are liars.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

TomWeston wrote:Your scenario suggests that Dan and Tom are liars.

The blood gate happened in England.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Sorry I'm lost, what's that got to do with it? Are you saying all Englishmen are liers / cheaters?
I only live there to wind up the population!
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Wes wrote:Sorry I'm lost, what's that got to do with it? Are you saying all Englishmen are liers / cheaters?
Not at all I am simply using the same argument as the majority of the forum. All Frenchman are abominable eye-gougers, aren't they? :smt006
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

FrenchMEN sorry for my English.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Some of the Stade fans being fairly revolting on Twitter towards Dan and out Club.

Here a novel approach don't touch the eyes majority of rugby players manage to do it.

And there will be more evidence on it in the hearing.