Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

This was a try as the ball was in-goal therefore attacking players can reach out and dab the ball down to score.

16.6 Successful end to a ruck
A ruck ends successfully when the ball leaves the ruck, or when the ball is on or over the goal line.

Thompstone was clearly trying to keep the ball in the air to prevent the 5m attacking scrum, one of the camera angles appears to show the ball briefly brushing the grass whilst attempting to be held in the air, but not clearly a grounding.

Red 1 (before red 9) applied downward pressure before Ben touched it, and despite Thompstone still being in contact with the ball (his hand was underneath so no downward pressure!).

Outsmarted by a forward - outrageous!!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

Norfolk. You must be watching a different clip to me. Thompstone clearly deliberately grounds it, and then thinks better of it.

The reason you can tell is that Thompstone initially holds the ball upwards in the palm of his hand, then he twists his hand over on to the top of the ball to ground it.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

OK, getting back to Tigers v Munster (rather than the other way round), it looks like we could have Freddie at 10 this weekend if OWs knee isn't 100%. Apparently fit and raring to go.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Fly-h ... story.html
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

[quote="Sajerj"Thompstone clearly deliberately grounds it[/quote]

Deliberate? then why was he holding it in the air (with his hands under it) after it brushed the grass? Why wasn't it left grounded with his hand on top if you thought that was his intention?

Last question Sajerj!! - if he 'thought better of it' then are you saying he wasn't successful in grounding it?