FRU statement

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: FRU statement

Post by Stu_F »

Incidentally what was the result of the hearing that presumably occurred as a result of the Try of the Season Award?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I hope Cockers totally ignores this piece of drivel and writes back to them saying any move by this ridiculous body to attempt to ban Mr Cole will be met by legal action. Cockers must be free to pick and choose whomever he wants to, to represent Leicester Tigers.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Noddy555 wrote:I hope Cockers totally ignores this piece of drivel and writes back to them saying any move by this ridiculous body to attempt to ban Mr Cole will be met by legal action. Cockers must be free to pick and choose whomever he wants to, to represent Leicester Tigers.
Get back on the blue tablets please; either that or desist from writing satire.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I'm never sure whether Noddy is attempting satirical style humour, or is just missing the point
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Stu_F wrote:Incidentally what was the result of the hearing that presumably occurred as a result of the Try of the Season Award?
They're still trying to catch him
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote:I hope Cockers totally ignores this piece of drivel and writes back to them saying any move by this ridiculous body to attempt to ban Mr Cole will be met by legal action. Cockers must be free to pick and choose whomever he wants to, to represent Leicester Tigers.
I believe that Richard Cockerill is still a Director and Founder member of the Front Row Union with headquarters in the ABC bar. He is certainly the B all and end all. To call this post "drivel" is outrageous and probably from one in the salmon and cucumber brigade of the stadium, so distant from the real fans beliefs of the front rows roles and responsibilities. :smt045
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

northerntiger wrote:I'm never sure whether Noddy is attempting satirical style humour, or is just missing the point
Amazingly he's done it on this and the Dan Cole gets lifetime ban thread too - two for the price of one!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Are you actually for real?
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Iain wrote:
Are you actually for real?
I'm not sure the 'for' is necessary in your question. You also have the option of replacing 'actually' with 'even'...
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Dog bites man is not news.

Nor is prop crashing over from 3 meters out....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Roly wrote:Dog bites man is not news.

Surely it was 30 metres - it's now 3 days since the event and the tale should have grown by now!? :smt003
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Is that "electric meter?", "gas meter?" and "water meter?" Speilung what are teachers doing at Infant Schools? :smt036
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

wormus wrote:

Is that "electric meter?", "gas meter?" and "water meter?" Speilung what are teachers doing at Infant Schools? :smt036
Ackshuallee, eether spulling is ackseptubul (on a keyboard with American English as a spell-check option).

When comforting a spelling or grammar Nazi, I usually say softly, "there, their, they're"...
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Roly wrote:When comforting a spelling or grammar Nazi, I usually say softly, "there, their, they're"...
I do believe this is a perfect example of Godwin's Law.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BeeJ wrote:
Roly wrote:When comforting a spelling or grammar Nazi, I usually say softly, "there, their, they're"...
I do believe this is a perfect example of Godwin's Law.
Sort of.

However, philosophically, you make an obvious point… the longer any discussion goes, the probability of a comparison involving anything increases.