Brown speaks out

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brown speaks out

Post by TigerLad »

After the abysmal performance in the RWC another England player has spoken out. This time it's Mike Brown.
http://bit.ly/1Hurt5S
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Brown speaks out

Post by Grimlish »

Never thought he was the brightest spark - but 'speaking out' to complain about others 'speaking out'??? Saying all trust is gone because a few (remarkably few) comments have been made, mostly anonymously??? Heart before brain I'd say.

He's not one for the (long-term) future and there are others who could well take his place come the 2016 6Nations. Committed and all that, just not irreplaceable. A shame though.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Mike Brown is a red card waiting to happen in a big game for England.
SimonP99

Post by SimonP99 »

Maybe heart before brain as you say .... but it seems that all too many of the high profile players don't know how to handle themselves in an increasingly complex (social) media bubble. Brown is a keeper for now for sure.
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

Ridiculous. Mike Brown has been England's most consistent player in the last 2 years, not just in terms of performances, but with regards to passion and commitment. He has a huge amount to offer and a role to play in helping nurture young players coming through in the England set-up. He may well not be available to play for England in Japan 2019 (when he'll be 34), but I certainly wouldn't leave him out of the England squad!
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

murphy15 wrote:Ridiculous. Mike Brown has been England's most consistent player in the last 2 years, not just in terms of performances, but with regards to passion and commitment. He has a huge amount to offer and a role to play in helping nurture young players coming through in the England set-up. He may well not be available to play for England in Japan 2019 (when he'll be 34), but I certainly wouldn't leave him out of the England squad!
Have you read the article? As its written its Brown coming pretty close to ruling himself out. If you dont trust your colleagues why put yourself in that position? Why would your colleagues feel good with you around? Puts the new coach (I wish) in a difficult position. I agree his passion has got him a long way - and I didnt rule him out of 2016 6Nations....
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Probably a club teammate complaining about money again.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Reading the article, it implies there was a 'What happened on tour stays on tour' agreement between the players and, if do, MB is questioning the trust of those who have broken that trust.
If so, I agree with him.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Grimlish wrote:Never thought he was the brightest spark - but 'speaking out' to complain about others 'speaking out'??? Saying all trust is gone because a few (remarkably few) comments have been made, mostly anonymously??? Heart before brain I'd say.

He's not one for the (long-term) future and there are others who could well take his place come the 2016 6Nations. Committed and all that, just not irreplaceable. A shame though.
Mike Brown has a brain and I never knew....
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Never knew? That it was not very big?

Not the best 15, and not the best thinker either.
Valhalla I am coming!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Grimlish wrote:
murphy15 wrote:Ridiculous. Mike Brown has been England's most consistent player in the last 2 years, not just in terms of performances, but with regards to passion and commitment. He has a huge amount to offer and a role to play in helping nurture young players coming through in the England set-up. He may well not be available to play for England in Japan 2019 (when he'll be 34), but I certainly wouldn't leave him out of the England squad!
Have you read the article? As its written its Brown coming pretty close to ruling himself out. If you dont trust your colleagues why put yourself in that position? Why would your colleagues feel good with you around? Puts the new coach (I wish) in a difficult position. I agree his passion has got him a long way - and I didnt rule him out of 2016 6Nations....
I have and he says "....That is going to make it even more difficult when we [the England squad] meet up......" and "....It is going to be hard for me to call anyone team-mates until we meet up...".

Doesn't sound to me like he's ruled himself out of anything.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

MCC1964 wrote: I have and he says "....That is going to make it even more difficult when we [the England squad] meet up......" and "....It is going to be hard for me to call anyone team-mates until we meet up...".

Doesn't sound to me like he's ruled himself out of anything.
Like I say, he's clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer - he doesn't think he's ruling himself out, and he rather presumptuously assumes he'll be back - but its the effect of his other words that I'm talking about.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Grimlish wrote:Never thought he was the brightest spark - but 'speaking out' to complain about others 'speaking out'??? Saying all trust is gone because a few (remarkably few) comments have been made, mostly anonymously.
Two completely different types of "speaking out". Brown is having a go at people who, firstly, made comments about things that the squad had reportedly agreed to keep out of the media and secondly, and most importantly to him, had done it anonymously. Brown has been neither anonymous nor has he said anything about the squad apart a general "we were all not good enough".
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Exactly.

IMO only Watson, Brown and B. Vunipola came out with their reputations intact, and Vunipola ruined that by slagging of the coaches and players at an event.

Im amazed how much bias against Brown is on the forum! Englands most dependable player for the last couple of seasons!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Grimlish wrote:Never thought he was the brightest spark - but 'speaking out' to complain about others 'speaking out'??? Saying all trust is gone because a few (remarkably few) comments have been made, mostly anonymously.
Two completely different types of "speaking out". Brown is having a go at people who, firstly, made comments about things that the squad had reportedly agreed to keep out of the media and secondly, and most importantly to him, had done it anonymously. Brown has been neither anonymous nor has he said anything about the squad apart a general "we were all not good enough".
+1