Can we please see our own salary cap announcement like this

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Can we please see our own salary cap announcement like t

Post by ads »

Would be a sad day if Leicester and Bath were not in the same league.

Not including relagation.
Last edited by ads on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

The annual general meeting will take place on Monday 2 November 2015 at 3.00pm in the Underwood Suite, the Goldsmiths Stand, Welford Road, Leicester.

Those (shareholders) who feel strongly on this issue will no doubt raise the matter under AOB, The replies will be minuted.
Still keeping the faith!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Bill W (2) wrote:The annual general meeting will take place on Monday 2 November 2015 at 3.00pm in the Underwood Suite, the Goldsmiths Stand, Welford Road, Leicester.

Those (shareholders) who feel strongly on this issue will no doubt raise the matter under AOB, The replies will be minuted.
How do you minute deafening silence :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

G.K wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:The annual general meeting will take place on Monday 2 November 2015 at 3.00pm in the Underwood Suite, the Goldsmiths Stand, Welford Road, Leicester.

"The Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer declined to reply".

I am guessing that is how Mary Ford would record it.

:smt003

The Press, of course, would dreaw the obvious conclusions.

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

G.K wrote:

Maybe Cohen will bring his own tumbleweed?
Timbo15
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timbo15 »

I've owned a season ticket in the Goldsmiths for 15+ years now. Can I go to these AGM's? I think I remember my brother saying that we are shareholders because we were member of the club at a particular time.
Do you get invited or do you just turn up?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Timbo15 wrote:I've owned a season ticket in the Goldsmiths for 15+ years now. Can I go to these AGM's? I think I remember my brother saying that we are shareholders because we were member of the club at a particular time.
Do you get invited or do you just turn up?
If you are a shareholder you will have received an invitation to the AGM (by post). It is true that when Tigers became a PLC existing members (of the Mutual Society) were invited to become sharholders.

If you ring Mary Ford (Company Secretary) she will be able to tell you if you are a sharholder - but you cannot attend the AGM without a shareholders invite ticket.
Still keeping the faith!
Timbo15
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timbo15 »

OK, thankyou Bill :smt001
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Bill, you are a genius - hadn't thought of the AGM. Now intend to attend and ask the question but before that, will ring Mary and attempt to get it put on the agenda. That way I don't have to lose beer time on Sunday and will at least get some sort of reply.
Hehehehehehehehe
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

slight segway, but been reading some stuff on brian moore's twitter feed, people are threatening to cancel their aviva insurance policies unless they come clean. So this does seem to be escalating a bit more commercially. I wouldn't have thought a company the size of aviva would want it's name associated with this tbh.
cheers
Rich
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

BIttySmalls wrote:It is in reference to a tweet by Neil Squires of the Express quoting Richard Cockerill.

neil squires ‏@squiresexpress 2h2 hours ago

Cockerill "You've got to ask the chief executive but if we are cheating he needs to tell me" @LeicesterTigers boss re #salarycap settlement

https://twitter.com/squiresexpress

Not sufficient enough for me. Still want a formal statement from the club.
It's amazing how the comment about not being in involved in the investigation, by the DOR of Sale is accepted. When the DOR of Tigers comments he has know knowledge of his club being involved, it is not enough for some.
It's alleged in ameuter days Bath issued the thickest brown envelops, what's changed?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBF Cockers only says he dosnt know, he dosnt handle that stuff.

Diamond prob does handle that stuff at sale TBF.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Find that difficult to see why he wouldn't know as he is responsible for all recruiting and also managing squad which includes pay. Suspect more of a deflection 'don't ask or quote me'
Kent Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Kent Tiger »

Leicester Director of Rugby Richard Cockerill effectively confirmed to Daily Express sports writer, Neil Squires, that his club were not investigated over salary cap breaches.

Squires wrote on Twitter: “Cockerill “You’ve got to ask the chief executive but if we are cheating he needs to tell me” @LeicesterTigers boss re settlement”
We all want a statement from the club. The club want to make a statement but doing so may put them in a difficult position. So they have come up with a way to tell supporters we are in the clear that can't be construed has having broken any confidentiality agreement.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The clubs may well have their hands tied by the agreement, some perhaps choose to ignore the confidentiality element others are perhaps using cryptic ways of saying "Not us" and some are playing it straight even if they don't agree which I suspect is Tigers approach.

Let's hope it is not because we were one of those who have been found to have broken the rules.