Nigel Owens set to referee World Cup final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Nigel Owens set to referee World Cup final

Post by The Boy Dave »

What about Owens physically handling props on the engage!
What right has he to do this as he is influencing the outcome by his involvement?
Cheery chappy
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Everyone seems to be blaming Owens for missing the forward pass - he was however slightly behind the line of play. The real culprit was Wayne Barnes who was right in line with play. How he missed it is beyond belief. Of course if Barnes did notify Owens and he ignored it............we have a conspiracy theory! :smt018
Give blood, play rugby!!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Big Dai wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Cheers Bill...........But as the Irish branch of family would say "If ifs and ands were pots and pans there'd be no more work for tinkers."

Of the many clips of our Nige going round there's one that annoys me. He says "That over there? I didn't see. Right? If it 'appens again someone will go."

I take this to mean "I have seen something awry an am letting it pass." This is not acceptable. The misdemeanour, if spotted should be punished according to the laws.

Disagree. I take it to mean "if it happens again and I see it, someone will go." He can't do anything if none of the officials saw it. Only NO will know the real meaning.
I've probably worked with the Welsh too long! I'll stick with my version! :smt003 :smt002
Married to a Llanelli girl for 28 years until she was called to the great rugby ground in the sky :smt010

I'll stick with my take on it :smt027 :smt002
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Married to a Llanelli girl for 28 years until she was called to the great rugby ground in the sky :smt010

Sorry to hear that Cagey. My other arf is an Abergavenny girl. Does everything "now, in a minute." But you probably know that phenomenon anyway? :smt002
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Big Dai wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote: Married to a Llanelli girl for 28 years until she was called to the great rugby ground in the sky :smt010

Sorry to hear that Cagey. My other arf is an Abergavenny girl. Does everything "now, in a minute." But you probably know that phenomenon anyway? :smt002
Apologies for off topic. We were near retirement and we're looking to move to the Marches area. Abergavenny was one of our possible locations. And to sign off in South Wales fashion, Ta-ra :smt001