If true this is a killer!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: If true this is a killer!

Post by Soggypitch »

I seriously doubt if this is true; if so it says a lot more about Billy Vunipola's "intelligence" than it does about Lancaster.

Some of the best managers/coaches in rugby and football have been notorious for not actually doing much coaching, eg Deano, Brian Clough, Martin O'Neil...

Who is JG's pick for the next England head coach, oh yes Deano...!
Soggypitch
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Soggypitch wrote:I seriously doubt if this is true; if so it says a lot more about Billy Vunipola's "intelligence" than it does about Lancaster.

Some of the best managers/coaches in rugby and football have been notorious for not actually doing much coaching, eg Deano, Brian Clough, Martin O'Neil...

Who is JG's pick for the next England head coach, oh yes Deano...!
problem is you can't even say what Lancaster's "plan" was spent 3 years with Owen Farrell then 9 months of Ford then chopped and changed during the world cup.

EDIT: just read somewhere that Lancaster wanted Burrell in the squad but Farrell Sr. OVERRULED him and Burgess was picked, in all seriousness if that is true then Lancaster should quit the game if his subordinate can overrule him like that
fatnorville

Post by fatnorville »

I don't doubt that BV didn't understand the bonus point rules. Forwards aren't known for their intelligence.

That doesn't mean that all of the other claims are true. They are not, regardless of what Twitter says.

Lancaster is clearly a man out of his depth, and England were badly led and badly coached, but to suggest Mike Catt has walked out, Burgess is being openly ridiculed by colleagues, and Farrell is picking the team is utterly ridiculous.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

"I've no doubt Lancaster will go, I think he has too. But we need to look at who is choosing the coaches, the whole process" Dean Ryan
Dean Ryan on Burgess "I'm not a fan. He makes defensive errors & compromises those around him. I don't think he should have been in side"

Right or not a LOT of people talking about the reports of Brackens interview: one of the latest Martin Bayfield!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I remain a little sceptical about this particular story. However, I do think that it is telling that many of us find it easy to believe.

Whoever was pulling the strings, and whoever was really in charge, it was SLancaster that fronted it all, claimed the decisions as his own, and the gambles did not work out. I think few of us believed they would.

SL and his coaching team have had their 15 minutes, and they bombed. MArtin JOhnson did way better, and look at the flak he got.

England are the only home nation not to have a kiwi as a head coach. If you cant beat em join em!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

fentiger wrote:
Right or not a LOT of people talking about the reports of Brackens interview: one of the latest Martin Bayfield!
Point being?

It will get talked about because it is on Twitter.

Alex Goodr has said Billy V didn't drink and Campo has confirm he wasn't drinking.
fatnorville

Post by fatnorville »

BTW, The Independent reports that BV is teetotal.

This is a non-story.

England have been shocking this WC. Let's focus on the real issues, not rubbish like this.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Whilst I think this is either made up or at worst greatly exaggerated, it does make me wonder if and when someone might break ranks and let a few truths slip.

The truth is probably much more dull than we imagine it to be, but I bet that some of the players hold views it would be interesting to hear about.

Let's just get SLancaster and his motley crew out of the way and start looking at a new set up with new properly qualified and experienced people to take up the key positions.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

while you are all blowing our of your collective bumholes and giving us the benefit of your wisdom, I decided to actually do something about it, unlike most of the keyboard warriors on here, as I don't know whether it is true or not.
I sent the post verbatim to TRP newdesk and Matt has emailed me to say he is seeing Kyran Bracken tomorrow, to discuss a column for TRP, and will nail the element of truth or not, and will let me know.
I will post a response verbatim (assuming I get one) and then you can continue to blast off at your leisure...... :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

BV has Tweeted tonight that it is all made up...... thanks for the extra effort JG, will be interesting to see which way it leads.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fentiger wrote:BV has Tweeted tonight that it is all made up...... thanks for the extra effort JG, will be interesting to see which way it leads.
Won't stop some being omniscient on here; BTW if I had a £ for every public figure whose first line of defence was 'it was all made up' I'd be rich, starting with one John Profumo. Hence the effort to get the truth.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

jgriffin wrote:while you are all blowing our of your collective bumholes and giving us the benefit of your wisdom, I decided to actually do something about it, unlike most of the keyboard warriors on here, as I don't know whether it is true or not.
I sent the post verbatim to TRP newdesk and Matt has emailed me to say he is seeing Kyran Bracken tomorrow, to discuss a column for TRP, and will nail the element of truth or not, and will let me know.
I will post a response verbatim (assuming I get one) and then you can continue to blast off at your leisure...... :smt005
stop being so sensible
fatnorville

Post by fatnorville »

jgriffin wrote:while you are all blowing our of your collective bumholes and giving us the benefit of your wisdom, I decided to actually do something about it, unlike most of the keyboard warriors on here, as I don't know whether it is true or not.

So despite the facts, you think this story still has merit?

Be a man / woman of action, and go ahead and do what you feel is right, but the rest of the rugby world has had a laugh and has moved on from this story.

Come and join us when you feel ready.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fatnorville wrote:

So despite the facts, you think this story still has merit?

Be a man / woman of action, and go ahead and do what you feel is right, but the rest of the rugby world has had a laugh and has moved on from this story.

Come and join us when you feel ready.
And your qualifications to speak for the Rugby World are?
Still keeping the faith!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

fentiger wrote:Cueto none too happy either: http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/ ... up-failure

Its dissapointing re-write of history from an ex player isnt it ?

For a start, Martin was in charge for 3 years leading into the RWC, not 18 months as Cueto makes out. Secondly Martin resigned and openly acknowledged that he was not committed to another 4 years (he may have been sacked, we will never know). Finally in 2011 they didnt have a Wales or Australia in their group. Truth is that both 2011 and 2015 have been broadly as bad as each other.