Predicted England World Cup 31

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Predicted England World Cup 31

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I think the England 31 to face Ireland on 5th Sept will be as follows with starting team and then extras unless the next game throws out any outstanding performances (George maybe):

1.Marler
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lawes
5.Launchbury
6.Haskell
7.Robshaw
8.Vunipola (would prefer Morgan when he is back to best due to pace)
9.Youngs
10.Ford
11.May
12.Barritt (Would prefer Slade but can't see it happening)
13.Joseph
14.Watson
15.Brown
Subs: 16.Webber 17. Vunipola 18. Wilson 19.Attwood 20.Morgan 21. Wigglesworth 22. Farrell 23. Nowell (As Watson covers 15 & Farrell covers centres)

Wider squad: Goode. Brookes. Parling. Slade. Wood. Care. George. Twelvetrees

I think Goode might be on the bench instead of Nowell but in terms of impact backs this leaves us with none..Goode doesn't have the pace for an international 15 in my opinion and will be found wanting sooner or later (sad because he is classy at times) and Corbisero might make it in over 36 (even though that may be Burrell) I just couldn't fathom a world where he is a world cup centre..
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Predicted England World Cup 31

Post by L Smith »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I think the England 31 to face Ireland on 5th Sept will be as follows with starting team and then extras unless the next game throws out any outstanding performances (George maybe):

1.Marler
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lawes
5.Launchbury
6.Haskell
7.Robshaw
8.Vunipola (would prefer Morgan when he is back to best due to pace)
9.Youngs
10.Ford
11.May
13.Joseph
14.Watson
15.Brown
Subs: 16.Webber 17. Vunipola 18. Wilson 19.Attwood 20.Morgan 21. Wigglesworth 22. Farrell 23. Nowell (As Watson covers 15 & Farrell covers centres)

Wider squad: Goode. Brookes. Parling. Slade. Wood. Care. George. Twelvetrees

I think Goode might be on the bench instead of Nowell but in terms of impact backs this leaves us with none..Goode doesn't have the pace for an international 15 in my opinion and will be found wanting sooner or later (sad because he is classy at times) and Corbisero might make it in over 36 (even though that may be Burrell) I just couldn't fathom a world where he is a world cup centre..
Decent looking 23 but with Ford's flakiness off the tee, one of either Fazzlet or Slade really needs to start. In the big games, Ford could be a real liability. I'm really surprised at the lack of air time this issue is getting.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Threes will not be that!

For

9.Youngs
10.Ford
11.May
13.Joseph
14.Watson

Read

9. Care
10. Farrel
11. May
12. Barritt
13. Burgess
14. Watson
Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Barrit won't be taking part until then, since he has a 'tight calf'; I think he should be dropped for feeding the very young of other species alcoholic beverages. Lancaster has discipline to maintain!
Suggests to me that Barritt is being wrapped in cotton wool and that Burrell and 12T are going home regardless (Burgess being a shoo-in as reserve 12/13 with Fazlet as reserve 10/12, Slade as 12/13/10, Cipriani to lose out).
I also think, regardless of Jamie George's form, that Hartley should come back as reserve.
Corbisero has sciatica - is this the first sign of a LH crisis?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote: that Hartley should come back as reserve.
Won't do that! Face loss enormous! Would play Burgess as hooker before he brought Hartley back!! :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Won't do that! Face loss enormous! Would play Burgess as hooker before he brought Hartley back!! :smt003
Yes: apparently he's a great talker, whilst having his head demolished by an opposing loose head.
Come to think of it, since 'talking' and motivating' has superseded skill and ability, my starting 23 would be:

Ghandi
Kipling
Mandela
Lincoln
Parkinson
Wilde
Farrage
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

L Smith wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:
Yes: apparently he's a great talker, whilst having his head demolished by an opposing loose head.
Come to think of it, since 'talking' and motivating' has superseded skill and ability, my starting 23 would be:

Ghandi
Kipling
Mandela
Lincoln
Parkinson
Wilde
Farrage
Martin Luther King as fly half, and Churchill as full back?

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Head Coach - Gove?
Cheery chappy
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Alistair Campbell has to be in there for the double bluff. On second thoughts, I think most people have worked out when he is lying. HIS LIPS MOVE.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Churchill at fullback!!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

And here was me thinking I was going to read serious comments on this subject :smt047

Ford is flakey but England now have this attacking game with him as the catalyst so for that reason he will be the 10...Fazlet may well yet sneak into 12 for that reason alone..
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

When you look at who is nailed on, you realise the depth of issues.
Marler(little alternative!), Youngs, Cole, Lawes, Robshaw, Youngs, Ford, Fazlet, Barritt, Brown. How many of them are world-class? Two?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Eddie Butler’s England 31

Full-backs: Mike Brown, Alex Goode; Wings: Jonny May, Jack Nowell, Anthony Watson; Utility back: Danny Cipriani; Centres: Brad Barritt, Luther Burrell, Jonathan Joseph, Henry Slade Fly-halves: George Ford, Owen Farrell; Scrum halves: Danny Care, Ben Youngs

Loosehead props: Joe Marler, Mako Vunipola; Hookers: Jamie George, Tom Youngs, Rob Webber; Tighthead props: Dan Cole, David Wilson; Second-rows: George Kruis, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Geoff Parling; Flankers: James Haskell, Tom Wood, Calum Clark, Chris Robshaw; No8s: Ben Morgan, Billy Vunipola

SCWs England squad

Forwards (17): Tom Youngs, Rob Webber, Jamie George, Joe Marler, Mako Vunipola, Dan Cole, David Wilson, Kieran Brookes, Courtney Lawes, Joe Launchbury, Geoff Parling, George Kruis; Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, Tom Wood, Billy Vunipola, Ben Morgan.

Backs (14): Mike Brown, Alex Goode. Jack Nowell, Jonny May, Anthony Watson; Luther Burrell, Henry Slade, Jonathan Joseph, Brad Barritt; George Ford, Owen Farrell; Ben Youngs, Dan Care, Richard Wigglesworth.
Valhalla I am coming!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fleabane wrote:SCWs England squad

Backs (14): Mike Brown, Alex Goode. Jack Nowell, Jonny May, Anthony Watson; Luther Burrell, Henry Slade, Jonathan Joseph, Brad Barritt; George Ford, Owen Farrell; Ben Youngs, Dan Care, Richard Wigglesworth.
No Cipriani? Could have sworn that SCW said last night he would have him in the squad :smt017
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

He also said it was probably too late for Cips at 10.
Valhalla I am coming!