Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Not many city centre hotels around the UK have lots of parking - I’ve recently stayed at hotels in Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and you are using car parks 500m+ away so I don’t think that is an issue per se
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:56 am Given the location and lack of car parking how are they expecting guests to get there. It isn’t far from the station I suppose, but the next nearest car park is the multi storey further up welford road. They could have deals with some of the coach companies I suppose.
Come and stay at our almost centrally based Leicester hotel, with outstanding views of the local hospital, Nelson Mandela park, (disclaimer Nelson never visited) and Leicester Prison which Ronnie Biggs once escaped from.
Don't you mean Wandsworth?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:58 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:56 am Given the location and lack of car parking how are they expecting guests to get there. It isn’t far from the station I suppose, but the next nearest car park is the multi storey further up welford road. They could have deals with some of the coach companies I suppose.
Come and stay at our almost centrally based Leicester hotel, with outstanding views of the local hospital, Nelson Mandela park, (disclaimer Nelson never visited) and Leicester Prison which Ronnie Biggs once escaped from.
Don't you mean Wandsworth?
You are probably right something in my mind had an escape from Leicester prison going over the wall and it was Biggs, mists of time and all that.
Edit: my mistake apparently the only man to escape from Leicester prison was Albert Hattersley.
Still wouldn’t want to see it out of my hotel bedroom window.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:54 pm Not many city centre hotels around the UK have lots of parking - I’ve recently stayed at hotels in Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and you are using car parks 500m+ away so I don’t think that is an issue per se
Taken from their website:

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I assume Tigers get a cash bung for allowing Brooklyn Hotel Guests to park their cars in the Crumbie Car Park?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It.is quite usual for hotels in or around any city centre to have no or very limited parking. It is also the norm for people parking on a car park ( i.e the Crumbie) to have to pay a fee, calling it a cash bung makes it sound very seedy.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:27 pm It.is quite usual for hotels in or around any city centre to have no or very limited parking. It is also the norm for people parking on a car park ( i.e the Crumbie) to have to pay a fee, calling it a cash bung makes it sound very seedy.
I’d imagine they would have to pay the normal rate for parking on the Crumbie car park.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

It is quite possible that the hotel and Tigers have an agreement on parking allowing hotel residents to use the Crumbie.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:36 pm It is quite possible that the hotel and Tigers have an agreement on parking allowing hotel residents to use the Crumbie.
You would have hoped so otherwise why would they put it on their website
LtPigeon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LtPigeon »

There is a Tiger's Head in the Plaza!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

In place ready for the unveiling ceremony later this week👍
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

£98 next Friday, £130 next Saturday for the Newcastle game. That’s not too bad. They’re an independent chain, of course they will put prices up for times of high demand. It’s only £20 or so higher than a normal Saturday, so you can’t really accuse them of profiteering
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Think im gonna go the Sale game and book in for the night,£112. Not bad! Is the band still on after the game?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Only thing that's putting me off is the 3 o'clock check in,i don't think they've thought this through very well have they?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:22 pm Only thing that's putting me off is the 3 o'clock check in,i don't think they've thought this through very well have they?!
leave your bag in reception and book in after he game. Simples
A2O