Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:34 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:22 pm Only thing that's putting me off is the 3 o'clock check in,i don't think they've thought this through very well have they?!
leave your bag in reception and book in after he game. Simples
That's a good point if that option is there. But i don't think it would hurt them financially to have an earlier check in time on matchdays,it's only roughly once every 2 weeks and the extra staff would be covered by the extra rooms that would be booked by traveling fans etc
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:47 pm
ay2oh wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:34 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:22 pm Only thing that's putting me off is the 3 o'clock check in,i don't think they've thought this through very well have they?!
leave your bag in reception and book in after he game. Simples
That's a good point if that option is there. But i don't think it would hurt them financially to have an earlier check in time on matchdays,it's only roughly once every 2 weeks and the extra staff would be covered by the extra rooms that would be booked by traveling fans etc
Err... dear hotel owner, would you like more profit, or less profit?

3pm is pretty standard check in time. Unless you're suggesting booting out the previous occupants at 8-9am in the morning. Besides, when you book, you can always request an early check-in. They might say yes, they might say no. If they say no, leave your bags, which I don't think has ever not been an option at a modern hotel chain.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:11 am
ay2oh wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:34 pm leave your bag in reception and book in after he game. Simples

3pm is pretty standard check in time. Unless you're suggesting booting out the previous occupants at 8-9am in the morning. Besides, when you book, you can always request an early check-in. They might say yes, they might say no. If they say no, leave your bags, which I don't think has ever not been an option at a modern hotel chain.
Obviously missed the part where I said more rooms would be booked out on matchdays so the cost would be covered. Someone's had pepper on their eggs this morning 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Hotels are struggling to keep staff in this present climate so to suggest bringing in extra staff every other week is not going to work, can you imagine the conversation, we want to hire you this week but don’t want you next week, like I said not going to work.
BiteMe

Post by BiteMe »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:31 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:11 am

Obviously missed the part where I said more rooms would be booked out on matchdays so the cost would be covered. Someone's had pepper on their eggs this morning 😂
It seems like hard work sometimes, doesn’t it? I left the review of my recent hotel stay and some of the comments I’ve read ridiculing certain observations I made are just absurd. I read a quote recently about trying to play chess with a pigeon which seems appropriate.

As an example, I can’t see any evidence of anyone suggesting that guests should be kicked out.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Out of interest I wanted to see if the pitch had been relaid during the summer, although it did look magnificent at the end of the season.
So I went to the stadium webcams and there is no longer a working camera on the pitch just the hotel and plaza camera.
Are Tigers scared the opposition might see our new training moves between the 1 minute intervals?? :smt002