Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Hartley - I can't be the only one?

Post by TigerCam »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
sapajo wrote:
InGuinnessVeritas wrote:There's something else I've noticed about Hartley. When he's just about to throw in at a line-out, more often than not he takes a step towards his side after the TJ has positioned him. Is this legit?
No! Very sneeky way of throwing the ball straight down your own line and making it not looking obvious. Don't blame him he is allowed to get away with it as the Ref is more obsessed with setting the gap between the teams. Hartley then takes it away by his last second side step towards his lineup of players.
Batty was doing it all afternoon too.

Tom Youngs had better 'cotton-on' to it then
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

A lot of 'em do it. Pretty sure Tom does too.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Now been cited :smt017
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hartley AGAIN

Post by TigerLad »

Dylan Hartley has been cited for a head butt on Jamie George in the semi final. I wonder if the Clot will uphold his previous statements about how Dylan was on his last chance, he's blown it again. Surely he has to be dropped now Stu?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Hartley AGAIN

Post by sapajo »

TigerLad wrote:Dylan Hartley has been cited for a head butt on Jamie George in the semi final. I wonder if the Clot will uphold his previous statements about how Dylan was on his last chance, he's blown it again. Surely he has to be dropped now Stu?
Absolutely no way will he drop Hartley, Lancaster has shown himself to be a complete hypocrite by continuing to select and play Hartley. This, after issuing him with final warnings after which he still transgressed.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I have to say, I don't think there was much in it. Seems a harsh citing.

Give a dog a bad name I suppose....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Dan RoanVerified account
‏@danroan
Northampton Saints & England hooker Dylan Hartley cited for striking an opponent with his head.
Yeah.... I think that's harsh myself. And I usually love chuckling at his misfortune.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Needs to be dropped as he's once again proved he is a liability when it comes to the pressure games. He can't ban Care and now Manu for off field discipline issues when this idiot is going around assaulting people (thats what it is) in front of thousands of fans and cameras.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

chipnchase wrote:Needs to be dropped as he's once again proved he is a liability when it comes to the pressure games. He can't ban Care and now Manu for off field discipline issues when this idiot is going around assaulting people (thats what it is) in front of thousands of fans and cameras.
Did you actually see the incident? Crikey, calm down...!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Yes I have, despite some people saying 'its not the worst incident ever' lets have a look at all the other 'not the worst' incidents he's had.

April 2007 – 26 weeks for eye-gouging Wasps duo James Haskell and Jonny O'Connor
March 2012 – eight weeks for biting Ireland flanker Stephen Ferris
December 2012 – two weeks for punching Ulster hooker Rory Best
May 2013 – 11 weeks for verbally abusing referee Wayne Barnes
December 2014 – three weeks for elbowing Leicester centre Matt Smith

So between biting, gouging, punching, elbowing, verbally abusing and now headbutting i'd probably question his temperament wouldn't you?

The blokes got serious issues, add to this the fact that he walked up to George rather than it happening in a flair up or broken up scrum/maul makes it even worse!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Out of curiosity if Hartley is banned would Jamie George (the person he clashes heads with) be called into the RWC squad?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The message Lancaster has sent ou is that ss long as an England player restricts his misdemeanours to the pitch he need not fear any ban :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

The incident was nothing, ref dealt with it at the time with the TMO. I think it's a harsh citing.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Hartlkey will wear a nice white shirt, a suit and tie; plead guily and show remorse. And the disciplinary panel will ...........???
Still keeping the faith!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

drc_007 wrote:Out of curiosity if Hartley is banned would Jamie George (the person he clashes heads with) be called into the RWC squad?
Most likely be Cowan-Dickie or Webster taking the slot with Tom Youngs going as number 1.