Message to Cockerill and the team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Message to Cockerill and the team

Post by tigerburnie »

To put the thread back on it's intended track, I'd agree with the op's sentiment. We all know where we are and what needs doing, that's to get behind the team next year.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Sorry to upset the applecart but yesterday was the final proof Tigers have degenerated management wise beyond the pale.

To allow a situation to develop, insiduously , year by year, where we just are way behind in our purchases and coaching stategies, where we put the ground development before the playing side, where we have allowed Ford el al to leave, and with seemingly no sensible thought processes, shows that we really need a clearout of major Board members, RC and a number of the players.

Ford Senior and Ford Junior made Tigers look like Championship players yesterday.......... despite the fact we have the best front five in the UK and probably beyond...

As a so called doom monger and a loyal supporter this season has been a disaster...

3rd and you are happy ?????????
He pulls the strings and is a great young player but there is much more to Bath than just Ford!
Great all round forwards (apart from the odd prop IMO) and a very potent set of backs that will keep any defence honest, that's the thing that gripes me about comments calling our defence rubbish, it wasn't rubbish but Bath were brilliant in carrying a threat from 9 to 15.
Bath have put together a very potent group of backs with pace and ability in abundance and a capable pack of forwards that compliment the backs with enough nous, mobility and workrate around the park that will get better in the future IMO when certain players move on and others come through or are aquired.
When Cockers refers to players missing such as Croft or Manu it is entirely fair comment IMO as like some of the very potent Bath players the threat they carry is a great one and they change the dynamic completely.
Cheery chappy
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

tigerburnie wrote:To put the thread back on it's intended track, I'd agree with the op's sentiment. We all know where we are and what needs doing, that's to get behind the team next year.
Absolutely in which case I assume Tigerburnie you will be joining us next year for the trip down to Bath, just as you did on both occasions this year. All kitted out with your happy clappy smily face after another 40 point drubbing. Convincing us all not worry RC & the board have everything under control.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Crumblies wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:To put the thread back on it's intended track, I'd agree with the op's sentiment. We all know where we are and what needs doing, that's to get behind the team next year.
Absolutely in which case I assume Tigerburnie you will be joining us next year for the trip down to Bath, just as you did on both occasions this year. All kitted out with your happy clappy smily face after another 40 point drubbing. Convincing us all not worry RC & the board have everything under control.
Don't see what you are trying to get at TBH?

Just because he didn't go to the game?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bath may not have been a happy hunting ground this year but changes are being made, coaches are coming in, players are coming and going.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Just as they did this season?
Valhalla I am coming!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Tigerbeat wrote:Bath may not have been a happy hunting ground this year but changes are being made, coaches are coming in, players are coming and going.
Are they of the quality that will make a difference? There has been a lot of chopping and changing at WR these past seasons, whereas Saints, Sarries and Bath have in the main consolidated and settled their squads drawing from their younger players. When you look at Saints since their promotion back into the Prem they have, after a lot of effort, become a very good side. The Grayson seasons were a bit of a low but Jim, Westie, King and Dusty to name just a few have got them back on track with little need to re-shuffle. Perhaps one of the problems the Tigers have is continuity? Especially when you look at 14 different selections at centre, forced by injury maybe but nevertheless a big ask for gifted players to get it right in the Prem first time and every time?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Perhaps one of the problems the Tigers have is continuity? Especially when you look at 14 different selections at centre, forced by injury maybe but nevertheless a big ask for gifted players to get it right in the Prem first time and every time?
I think you make a fair point and that isn't Cockerill's fault.
You are looking for a player of the qualities of say for example Watson, Slade, Itoje, Cowan-Dickie or Auterac and one that makes a difference in an mature way, and that just isn't happening.
Instead we see a bunch of kids, not because they are kids but because that's the level they are suited to playing.
Age is not a barrier, if they are good enough then they are old enough.
We are getting to see players with more questions than answers recently, undoubtedly very good players but not of the quality of the above and that is a problem.
I have seen young players this season in the 16-18 age group and thought to myself, he should be in an academy being developed, it's very important that potential is developed or it will fall behind without the correct guidance, you can't wrongly give that academy place to someone else for two years and see how the two develop, the one in and the one out, it doesn't work like that and you end up with two not so good players.
It's all about opinion and getting it right is very very important.
Cheery chappy
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Why not email your message of praise to Cockers himself? I sent him an email of support having been prompted by him saying previously he gets lots of angry emails when things go bad but few when it goes well and got a nice reply to say thank you. I'm sure he'd appreciate the sentiment.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

What email address did you use? Did he reply?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ellis9 wrote:What email address did you use? Did he reply?
[email protected]

Yes he did reply, just said thank you and it was appreciated by him and the team.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Thanks. Will email him now :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Can you append all those who posted on your thread? If not let us know so we can email.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Sorry I didn't. I just copied what I typed in the opening post and changed the word today to Saturday.

I suppose the more people that send him an email though, will be better than one person on behalf of many.

Apologies for not adding names to the email.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

No sweat, just me being a little lazy :smt006
Edited: done it.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.