Team vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Wasps

Post by tigerburnie »

That's a massive result and will send out a message, we ain't dead yet, pity I had to pull out of the trip down south for this one.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Who got MOTM?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

Monumental performance from the team. Not seen cockers that emotional before. That is heart on your sleeve stuff! Amazing.
All the players were superb...Morris needs game time at 15 but otherwise superb.

Yes!!!!!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

tigerburnie wrote:That's a massive result and will send out a message, we ain't dead yet, pity I had to pull out of the trip down south for this one.
If you could get them all up there to do the same we'd appreciate it.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Absolutely brill performance, reduced to 14 and going on to win was brilliant, fantastic defence and some great attacking moves. Real Tigers that was. :smt038 :smt038

Who was MOM, all 14?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Dave J wrote:The emotion on Cockers face at the end mirrored my own. Wouldn't it be nice if certain people on this forum gave him the credit he deserves today, tactics were spot on in the first half and the players dug deep in the 2nd. He's not perfect but he bleeds red green and white (and orange today) and today was the best performance of the season IMO. :smt003
Yep I didn't think we had much chance vs Wasps but we played the better rugby in the first half and what a superb defensive performance in the second half. I didn't think we were capable of a performance like that, I'm so happy to be proved wrong.
beech

Post by beech »

What's new pussycat - Wasps know now. Fantastic display apart from Bai who was a disgrace.
tf22
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I think that is the first match this season when Wasps have failed to score a try. An tremendous defensive effort.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Okay just two things at the moment:

1) that why we signed Loamanu
2) I would be happy with Morris at 15

Will post more but hands shaking so much.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Had the insects lost before today at Cov?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Where did that come from?

Happy to 'do a Paddy' and eat my hat. I didn't see us winning that. And with 14 for a half. Well done lads!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Dave J wrote:The emotion on Cockers face at the end mirrored my own. Wouldn't it be nice if certain people on this forum gave him the credit he deserves today, tactics were spot on in the first half and the players dug deep in the 2nd. He's not perfect but he bleeds red green and white (and orange today) and today was the best performance of the season IMO. :smt003
Totally agree. :smt030
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

MrPartridge wrote:Where did that come from?

Happy to 'do a Paddy' and eat my hat. I didn't see us winning that. And with 14 for a half. Well done lads!
Paddy side stepped the hat eating, however if you still want to go ahead :smt002

One observation..... it is clearly not Tigers right to be the only team that can't beat 14 men :smt005
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Best performance of the season. Great attack in 1st half, great defence in 2nd. Crazy rush of blood from Bai who before that was having his best game for Tigers.

Who will play 12 next week? Perhaps Loamanu who looked sharp when he came on. Otherwise could be Bell, presumably Allen and Roberts are still injured...?

Bring on Saints!!
Soggypitch
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

tigerburnie wrote:Had the insects lost before today at Cov?
I think only once - Sarries (?)