Team vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Team vs Wasps

Post by Dave J »

Not sure how close AA was to playing this week but after Bai's moment of madness we could use him in the centre next week.
A citizen of hope and glory
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

When did this new Tigers XV get into town? Great set of doppler-gangers for the XV that have been more miss than hit this season!!! I honestly thought the Wasps backrow and outwide would kill the tigers off by 40 mins. What is so really frustrating is that it takes a game of this magnitude, with all the 'not on our patch' niggle added, for the Tigers to actually respond and have a game plan that stifles the opposition into submission. The Tigers made the Wasps play badly, shame Bai had the 'red-mist' to spoil what could have been a Tigers rout??

Bring on the Saints!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Yes who was MOTM? tait?
Last edited by markharbtiger on Sat May 09, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

beech wrote:What's new pussycat - Wasps know now. Fantastic display apart from Bai who was a disgrace.
He was stupid to do what he did, and it was a brainless (and ok, disgraceful) act, but he'd been playing well up until then - I wouldn't quite say he was a disgrace.

Imagine if he'd stayed on......TBP? Immaterial I know.

Massive amount of dog shown by the rest of the lads, OK, we lost that 40 mins 8-9 but what an effort.....I did wonder about Barnes' interpretation of maul/tackle calls - seemed to be far longer when wasps took the ball in......and tackle only usually called.

The emotion shown by cockers on camera at he end was a lovely thing, probably more relief than anything else but he can now, as far as I'm concerned, take a bit of a bow after the disruptions we've had this season. OK, premature I know, we still have the noisy neighbours to deal with next weekend - will they rest players ready for their home semi? Also, we need Exeter to get nothing against Sarries to be safe in a play off.

C'Mon Sarries......oh dear, sorry, I'm going to be sick......
markharbtiger wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Had the insects lost before today at Cov?
I think only once - Sarries (?)
yep, just the once against SAffas
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Dave J wrote:Not sure how close AA was to playing this week but after Bai's moment of madness we could use him in the centre next week.
Shame cos Bai was playing so well and covering everything the Wasps could present.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Very disturbed to see my own club providing the mascots, but what a performance. Epic. They never looked liked scoring a try, and but for Barnes odd interpretation of some of the laws it would have been comfortable. Could somebody tell him that back feet is the offside line?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Shame cos Bai was playing so well and covering everything the Wasps could present.
If he'd carried on playing like he had until his mad moment he would have been MOM by a mile! It was the most brainless thing I've seen a Tigers player do for many years.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Yes indeed WhiteCapTiger, I too will be cheering for the London team tomorrow...as no points for Exeter means we could not be caught for 4th place (I think). My suspicion is they will manage at least a LBP hence will make the final game of the season more spicy.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

northerntiger wrote:Very disturbed to see my own club providing the mascots, but what a performance. Epic. They never looked liked scoring a try, and but for Barnes odd interpretation of some of the laws it would have been comfortable. Could somebody tell him that back feet is the offside line?
Be careful what you wish for - we could have had two Fijians sitting it out.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We've had players carded for dafter and worse, let's not get hysterical, he may well be banned for a game or two anyway. The key thing is the smug Dayglo had the smirk removed from his face.....

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrsssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
covrich

Post by covrich »

Incredible atmosphere. Great heroic performance. I had my wife and dad either side of me waving wasps flags in my face..

Great job the fans who came and raised the roof
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

G.K wrote:
northerntiger wrote:Very disturbed to see my own club providing the mascots, but what a performance. Epic. They never looked liked scoring a try, and but for Barnes odd interpretation of some of the laws it would have been comfortable. Could somebody tell him that back feet is the offside line?
If your referring to Goneva's 'late' tackle, it wasn't
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

northerntiger wrote:
G.K wrote:
If your referring to Goneva's 'late' tackle, it wasn't
I am and it was.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Well be honest, how many saw that coming? Fantastic effort from those left on the pitch. I have to say that the only time this season I've seen anything like that from them was after Mauger had spent a week over here, sorry can't remember the game off hand but it might have been the Bath home game. Has he been over to help with the final push? It was certainly a million miles from the Welsh first half. Never mind the play-offs, just show Stains that there's plenty of life in Welford Road yet next week.

I'm off to imbibe some more :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt023 :smt015
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

beech wrote:What's new pussycat - Wasps know now. Fantastic display apart from Bai who was a disgrace.
Absolutely classless of Wasps to play that when Tigers ran out. This is the last time I contribute any of my cash towards this franchise. I have no voice left and feeling totally drained.
Lord knows how the (14) players must feel.
Incredible performance, totally courageous and almost good enough to silence the doom mongers
Happy beyond words
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man